Serious questions, gonna go nitrous - Page 2 - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Serious questions, gonna go nitrous
Sunday, July 10, 2011 10:35 PM
Tinkles(now with Boost Face) wrote:I dont know what is funnier.

This fact
BuiltNBoosted wrote:mine was geared toward putting spray on an only car you have. and where other kids were ok and safe, doesnt mean you will be, and at that point if yours does let go, whats your back up plan? not worth putting a dime into that car and motor imho....

Or that he thinks that a 75 shot on a tired OHV is the answer to his "honda problem".

35 shot = a tired eco power level
50 shot = stock/fresh eco/Ld9 with minor bolt ons
75 shot = decent/heavy bolt on eco/LD9 power level

My supercharged eco still feels slow and will still lose to hondas.

What's a honda problem??
Ive kept up real close to a 4 speed eco(intake only), 4 door too..idk if that's heavier then coupe, also 5 speed is faster...about 90mph he started pulling away, i think that's pretty good for ohv
I don't trust the Ld9s for anything, had 3 in the family, one blown head gasket(my mom over heated it so not really engines fault) but two spun the number 3 rod bearing...2.2s never let us down lol i dont wanna start a debate over this, ill take the ohv's reliability over the ld9s power any day
The LD9 makes 150 at the crank, The KA24DE motor from a Nissan Altima makes the same power, basically the same motor, both are 2.4 twin cams...i smoked one by 2 car lengths, he had cone filter and fart can muffler, with 4 speed auto....i havent ran a cavi with LD9 yet, but i figure they're about decent closeness....they are different cars, the Z24 is probably faster, but basically the same engine and my Ohv won by 2 car lengths...
Before i start any arguments...im NOT trying to brag that it's fast, it's not that fast, but im just saying, for what it is...its peppy lol and i dont think Stock eco's or Stock Zs have much on me....an Eco or Z with same mods as me will take me easily no doubt...but stock, i may put money on it, depending on how my driving skills feel that day
Also what exactly are bolt ons? minor and heavy bolt ons? What else is there besides Intake and Exhaust? I dont know what else a bolt on would include

Monday, July 11, 2011 1:16 AM
Trust me there much quicker then an LN2. I've raced pretty much every combo at the track. stock auto ECO vs. bolt on 5spd LN2 ran about the same speed and a bolt on ECO will walk a LN2. As for the LD9 there pretty much equal in terms to the ECO and that will come down to driver skill.. But back on topic a 50 shot should make you competitive with the above mentioned if not equal as long as it's done right and you can drive.. Either way it will be more fun then what you have now.
Monday, July 11, 2011 5:12 AM
95LsCoupe wrote:

The LD9 makes 150 at the crank, The KA24DE motor from a Nissan Altima makes the same power, basically the same motor, both are 2.4 twin cams...i smoked one by 2 car lengths, he had cone filter and fart can muffler, with 4 speed auto....i havent ran a cavi with LD9 yet, but i figure they're about decent closeness....they are different cars, the Z24 is probably faster, but basically the same engine and my Ohv won by 2 car lengths...

LMAO

Monday, July 11, 2011 5:56 AM
A progress 30-100 shot, with a RPM window switch, and it "might" hold together. That is after the added fuel, colder plugs, and retarding the timing. You may run high14s.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, July 11, 2011 6:37 AM
95LsCoupe wrote:
What's a honda problem??
Ive kept up real close to a 4 speed eco(intake only), 4 door too..idk if that's heavier then coupe, also 5 speed is faster...about 90mph he started pulling away, i think that's pretty good for ohv
I don't trust the Ld9s for anything, had 3 in the family, one blown head gasket(my mom over heated it so not really engines fault) but two spun the number 3 rod bearing...2.2s never let us down lol i dont wanna start a debate over this, ill take the ohv's reliability over the ld9s power any day
Before i start any arguments...im NOT trying to brag that it's fast, it's not that fast, but im just saying, for what it is...its peppy lol and i dont think Stock eco's or Stock Zs have much on me....an Eco or Z with same mods as me will take me easily no doubt...but stock, i may put money on it, depending on how my driving skills feel that day

Out of everyone on this site you post the most about wanting to show the Hondas "what's what". So what if the LD9 and the KA are rated at the same hp, the KA is in a heavier car(200-400lbs depending on the models). The point is that your nitrous fed LN2 will only put out the same power as other "stock" cavaliers.

95LsCoupe wrote:
Also what exactly are bolt ons? minor and heavy bolt ons? What else is there besides Intake and Exhaust? I dont know what else a bolt on would include

Bolt ons, simple power mods that "bolt on" with much modification and by themselves do not require a tune. You have minor bolt ons. People with heavy bolt on have everything just short of opening up the engine.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Monday, July 11, 2011 9:16 AM
O i dont think i said anything about hondas, and i cant name any other bolt on then intake and exahust, maybe mounts thats it?

Monday, July 11, 2011 8:30 PM
Lightweight or even underdrive pullies, yes mounts (motor and trans), and for LD9 And ECO guys I would count different manifolds as well as larger TB even though these may need a tune to get full benefits, remove accesories such as A/C. I say bolt ons include anything you can do without opening up the engine.
Thursday, July 14, 2011 9:22 AM
You simply don't know enough about nitrous and are no where close to messing with spray based on your questions. Just look through this forum there are tons and tons of posts with people explaining their setups and what they run and why they run it.

With that being said and directed more towards your inquiry. If I were to spray on your car I would not go past a 50 period. Anything above and beyond is a bit to much for your motor. An Ecotec has proven itself to be capable of a 75 all day but even that should be the max until you start changing out some internals. That is also supported by GM's build book. It's a different story for the 2.2 and with varying results.

My opinion overall you would be better off trying to gain the 50 extra hp with bolt ons versus buying a kit and paying for the refills that seems you would probably fly through. If you do choose to use nitrous you need to get more of the basics down first then post questions for clarity on certain things not like this post which is asking the basic of the basic.

Friday, July 15, 2011 9:34 PM
95LsCoupe wrote:
blucavvy wrote:
95LsCoupe wrote:
blucavvy wrote:http://www.jegs.com/p/MSD-Ignition/MSD-Retard-Module-Selector/747846/10002/-1

this is all you need to retard the timing, much more affordable than dis-2.

Thanks!

BuiltNBoosted wrote:only car with 110K on it + nitrous..... good luck....

is it really that bad? i was reading a post here where a guy here ran 50 on a 2.4 with 180k-ish....he also didnt care about the motor, but it didnt blow....all ive read here is that the ohvs have strong bottom ends

they do, but that doesn't mean it's invincible. i honestly think you'll be ok if you stick to a 50 shot or so. anymore than that and your'e kind of asking for it.

nitrous isn't like boost where power builds up gradually. nitrous is a sudden "hit" on your engine that it's not used to receiving. your'e putting alot of stress on rods that's are pretty much maxed out from the factory, add to that that they've seen more than a few days and it's just a matter of time before something literally blows up or out of the engine.

like i said, stick to a 50 shot and i personally think you're golden. anymore than that and MAYBE an occasional shot at 75 for track days, and your'e asking for it.

So the only way to change the shot size is to go under the hood and change the jet, right? even if that, im honestly kind of scared to use nitrous that's why im asking alot of questions....i am going to buy that msd timing retarder for the 75 shot, with having that, should i use it for 35-50 shot also? maybe just retard it 1 degree since 75 shot needs 2 degrees...its there, might as well use it...if it will make it safer

i think ill keep the 35 in for daily driving, just incase i get the urge to floor it or something, mostly ill keep the switch off but knowing me its safer to have the smallest shot in there and race days ill put 50 in...and for the occasional honda garbage talkers, the 75...maybe money run to really make them cry hehe but yeah i understand its like "bang!" 50 hp in there not slowly building up although i think ive read something about there being a progressive shooter or something, im really not sure

Really!? come on who the hell needs nitrous for daily driving.
Saturday, July 16, 2011 10:39 AM
seriously, go away.

no one needs nitrous for daily driving. who needs boost for daily driving? no one.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search