Wet NO2 - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wet NO2
Monday, March 12, 2012 5:56 PM
OK so I have a 2.2 L ecotec with no internal mods with 110,000 miles. Routine maintenance. I am boosted with the GMPP charger. I have done my research but would like to verify some information.

Is wet nitrous allowed to run through the charger or do I have to bypass the charger somehow?

Would a 75 shot be doable or should I stick to a 50 and is that even worth the hastle for maybe a half second on the quarter. It would prolly put me in the 13's now but still. It's my daily driver and I can't lose her.

Any other advice?

Who is selling kits on here?

Re: Wet NO2
Monday, March 12, 2012 8:33 PM
What are you pushing for psi?
Tuesday, March 13, 2012 6:08 PM
I am pushing 10 Pounds.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012 6:51 PM
Go with a smaller pulley and meth and you can break into the 13's.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012 7:28 PM
No I wouldn't go N2O at all man. 10lbs on a stock engine is not bad. But when you throw in a SHOCK of 50 or 75 HP. Its going blow the engine, but I guess it all matters on how long you been pushing 10psifor and how much longer you want thy engine to last. I wouldn't push it for a daily driver.
Wednesday, March 14, 2012 12:53 PM
MC-With a smaller pulley comes new injectors and a tune right? so I am looking at like a grand for a second on the 1/4th...?

RL-I've been pushing the charger for around 20-30,000 miles. I assume the motor is in GREAT shape.
Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:00 PM
Brian Toney wrote:MC-With a smaller pulley comes new injectors and a tune right? so I am looking at like a grand for a second on the 1/4th...?

RL-I've been pushing the charger for around 20-30,000 miles. I assume the motor is in GREAT shape.

This all depends what size your injectors currently are, and what is the peak duty cycle on them.
I wouldnt run more than 80-85% duty cycle at WOT.

If you are lower than that currently, your injectors might be good.
Also with meth, you lean out the gasoline once the meth starts.
You need to know what kind of kit you would buy also.
As far as I know, there are two types of kits out there.
Some are simply a "on or off" kit, where mine (snow performance) is a "gradually increasing" injection kit which is boost or volt activated.

A wet nitrous kit would not technically affect your fuel system because normally you tap before the rail for the fuel solenoid.
Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:21 PM
Probably around the 500 ballpark if you do some shopping. What size injectors are you running?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search