What else do I need? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What else do I need?
Thursday, February 10, 2005 11:41 PM
I'm looking to get a zex wet it. What do I need to do to stay safe. What gauges do I need? How many steps colder plugs do I need. What do i need to keep an eye on. I have a 04". I plan to run about a 50 shot. Incase i jump to a 75 shot, will the motor take it. Thanks for all that can help.

Re: What else do I need?
Friday, February 11, 2005 1:42 AM
Really to be honest there is no such thing as running nitrous safely. what you will need is colder plugs <-- tr6 any local auto part store new plug`s and to adjust teh timeing a bit if you play on running anything over a 50 shoot i would suggest going with a ignition upgrade

PaCavalier
Friday, February 11, 2005 6:57 AM
nitrous, safe? never. ok to run? yes.
stock timing need not be adjusted for 75 shot or less. running a wet kit you should be fine with 93 octane gas, and 2 step colder copper plugs (ie: ngk tr6 #4177)

Sunday, February 27, 2005 10:15 AM
if you want tho, you can get msd to retard your timing if you want, im running 50shot and im going to be retarding my timing 3 degrees.

gauges you will prob need are fuel presure gauge, nitrous gauge, Air fuel, EGT, and maybe oil and volt metre would be good (the last two arent nessesary but wouldn't hurt to get them)

2004 Nissan Maxima SE w/ Elite Pkg
2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ Sport Pkg
Sunday, February 27, 2005 10:22 AM
id get a feul pressure and EGT gauges. an A/F gauge is just a light show. if you want one that really works, get a wideband 02

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, February 28, 2005 5:59 PM
Not to jack the thread but im considering going nitrous soon. However i plan to run dry...would i still need to use a higher octane gasoline?

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:47 AM
YES 92 or better is always needed to help limit pre-detonation.

as for gauges, the most helpful gauges are fuel pressure and bottle pressure. o2 wideband if you wanna spend the money, but theres still no substitute for reading the plugs to see how the mixture is. egt sensor wont really mean @!#$. n2o is always gonna raise your temp.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search