Nitrous on lowered compression - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Nitrous on lowered compression
Monday, February 14, 2005 7:24 PM
Ended up spending most of my turbo money and have a 96 2.2 all built for the boost. Lowered compression...8.0:1. Wondering if running nitrous on that would really hurt anything. I figured the most it would do is bring me back up into some better numbers. It's all forged internals.

Re: Nitrous on lowered compression
Monday, February 14, 2005 7:48 PM
Nah, won't hurt you if you aren't stupid with it. Forged internals aren't bulletproof, just stronger. Were you planning on running a wet or dry kit? What shot were you thinking of?

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 3:53 PM
A wet set-up and thinking that a 50 shot would put me back to roughly 9:1 compression. At least make it feel like it. I'm getting the wide band commander and the s-afc II is on the way so I may bump up and try the 100 shot too. I already have the MSD 6212 hooked up. Lap top is standing by. Just waiting on more parts to arrive to get it back on the road.
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:48 PM
damn... remind me if i ever pull up to you to put it in reverse at a stoplight LOL hahah that's some serious ass kickin 2200 HP there boy!

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search