Brad's Project Thread - Page 2 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Brad's Project Thread
Monday, September 28, 2009 6:05 PM
It's good stuff, but like sndsgood implied it's not the end-all be-all. I won't be applying any real power until I've got both doors done, but if I have problems I'll just order up a VBmax kit.

Monday, September 28, 2009 7:25 PM
that's the kit I believe I am talking to Anton about right now. The Cascade mat bulk pack that is like 50something Sq. Ft. right?

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Monday, September 28, 2009 7:35 PM
Nah, this one is more like 3sqft.

4 - 10x10 sheets for spot treatment.

Monday, September 28, 2009 10:16 PM
OH gotcha. they have a big ass pack that has I think 50sq. Ft. or so. The box was HEAVY when it got here for me to do some kids Tahoe.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Sunday, October 04, 2009 9:38 PM
Turns out evening classes combined with remote start season puts a damper on my progress :S

No pictures, but I now have 2 runs of 12gauge speaker wire and one run of 18 to each door. (MB, Mid, Tweet, respectively)
Finished VB-1X + eDead v4 + VB2 on passenger door.

Driver's side is essentially finished until I get to work on the door panel itself, and it sounds freaking amazing now that everything is all sealed up and deadened.

Posting my rattle fix in this thread. Super cheap, super dirty, super effective.

The zip-tie is not pulled tight, just tight enough to stop the rattles but still allow normal movement of the locks.

Monday, October 05, 2009 8:55 PM

Monday, October 05, 2009 9:07 PM
Nummy

Monday, October 19, 2009 7:24 PM
My interior is a real mess, but here's this.

Monday, October 19, 2009 7:34 PM
I likes I like.

Monday, October 19, 2009 8:13 PM
very clean!!! looking good!

where did you get the paint for that?

click sig for my car audio videos
Monday, October 19, 2009 8:43 PM
Used "Sure-Tex" in a can (similar to rocker guard, but a less aggressive texture), and then color matched vinyl paint through an HVLP gun. Both came from a place called Walker's, not sure if you guys in the states have walkers.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 9:21 PM
Man I miss the days when I had time to work on this.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:28 PM
Just stopping in to provide my usual boat load of hate.

hate hate hate!!!!!

Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:59 AM
its looking really nice man, keep it up. and i know what you mean about having the time to do the work.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, October 26, 2009 9:54 PM

Done!

Next up, center console.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:02 AM
Hi.

Your car may do 13 sec @ 103 mph, but my car does 146db @ 35 hz.
Tuesday, October 27, 2009 8:01 PM
I definitely like it, good job. I will be doing something kind of similar with my doors pretty soon here

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 8:02 PM
now

Thursday, November 19, 2009 1:28 PM
Sexy install.

Saturday, November 21, 2009 10:16 AM

Just my opinion but you should get rid of the light tan lower half of the dash, color match it with the top of the dash and it'll look damn good

144db@38hz! It hurts so good !
Sunday, November 22, 2009 4:27 PM
Brent, replacing that stuff is a bitch. That's the entire dash frame work. You need to remove every single piece of the dash to replace the lower part. the lower part covered the whole area and all the other piece bolt onto it. I don't know if he wants to, but that's a bitch of a project lol. And I kinda like the 2-tone. Breaks things up a bit.

Sunday, November 22, 2009 4:32 PM
I'm not sure what I want to do with the color scheme yet. Part of me wants to repaint the door panels to match the light gray underdash (The way it was from factory), part of my wants to do a ripdown and paint the lower dash.

Looks like nothing will happen until spring/summer though.

Sunday, November 22, 2009 6:18 PM
I agree with Dustin. My entire interior is the color of the top. Its way too monotone. Ive been trying to think of a way to break it up.

Monday, November 23, 2009 2:43 PM

Oh it most def is a bitch of a project lol. Either way I give you props for having enough patience to go through with this build

144db@38hz! It hurts so good !
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 5:54 AM
hmm....interesting......I have been thinking about a project like this...weird you built from the actual door into the door panel...never seen that..

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search