Need a little enclosure building help. - Page 2 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Need a little enclosure building help.
Friday, October 15, 2010 4:27 PM
Anton Miller (PPC) wrote:
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:I dont see an issue with a 4 inch aero. Its a little over optimum port area but Ive never had an issue with a little extra port area. Arent you the one who was all gung ho for making big numbers with big ports.

is this a burp box?? that changes everything. burp box is ment for one note, if you wanna play flat you need low tungin and less port area, it keeps the cone under control.

You were talking that BEFORE burp boxes. I believe all of your boxes have been that way. Dont point fingers audiogod.

Friday, October 15, 2010 11:52 PM
Anton is part of a "team" now...(one that doesn't know proper grammar and is too full of pride to change their @!#$ high school drop out sounding sticker logo things), so he must know everything!

Remember, "Who ever said there isn't earthquakes in Minnesoder?"

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Saturday, October 16, 2010 7:15 AM
HA! Im just going to walk away from this. I hate having SPL dick measuring contests.

Monday, October 18, 2010 6:21 AM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:
Anton Miller (PPC) wrote:
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:I dont see an issue with a 4 inch aero. Its a little over optimum port area but Ive never had an issue with a little extra port area. Arent you the one who was all gung ho for making big numbers with big ports.

is this a burp box?? that changes everything. burp box is ment for one note, if you wanna play flat you need low tungin and less port area, it keeps the cone under control.

You were talking that BEFORE burp boxes. I believe all of your boxes have been that way. Dont point fingers audiogod.

again, its not about the port area for the box, its the port area for the sub, ive been argueing this since day one! if your sub can only move x amount of air, then why have a bigger port or a smaller port than how much air space the sub wants to move, a 3 inch port will allow you to tune to what you want to tune to and it will also allow you to play more flat and have better sound quality, not having to worry about over excursion on notes above or below tuning.

im not measuring SPL dicks, just sharing my eperience with the rest of you, if you dont want to listen thats your fault. i mean its not like i know everything about these cars, but i sure as hell know alot... (i should add about what works in the substage)

click sig for my car audio videos
Monday, October 18, 2010 8:30 AM
Its funny how quick you went from asking all the basic questions and learning and sounding so new to suddenly being a damn expert. That's my issue. You asked a few questions, learned a few basics, bought a table saw. And now ur an all knowing audio guru? Not buying it.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Monday, October 18, 2010 8:55 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Its funny how quick you went from asking all the basic questions and learning and sounding so new to suddenly being a damn expert. That's my issue. You asked a few questions, learned a few basics, bought a table saw. And now ur an all knowing audio guru? Not buying it.

Its been 2.5 years since i asked noobish questions, dont get me wrong im still learning, but i feel ive learned enough to give advice from my own experiences.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 11:49 AM
Ok bringing this back. Final enclosure size changed alittle. I am looking at 28x15x8 internal. So around 2 cf. The sub demands 1.25 cf. So with the size difference will the port size change? And also whats more ideal for sq. A 4" port or smaller?

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 12:23 PM
a 3" aero port will be enough, and if you can, make the box smaller, try not to go above the recomended box sizes. so if the recomend 1.25 or 1.5 stick in there.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 12:37 PM
Ok thanks. Also the recommended 1.25 cf. Would that be total space around the sub? Or total space with the sub?

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 1:28 PM
thats the internal volume of the enclosure after all displacements, so if theres a port, that air needs ot be minused and same with the subwoofer, subwoofer displacement should be able to find int he user manual in the specs.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 1:22 PM
Ok its been a year since I inquired about this enclosure. I finally got around to finishing it. Just want to say thanks for the help. Here is the final product. Should have it setup in a week or so. 1940's suit case, I started with reinforcing the inside of the suit case with a few layers of fiberglass. Once I had everything where I wanted it. I fiberglassed the seam shut thru the sub opening. 3" - 15" port. Running a 10" JL w3v3. This will be going in my bravada

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, January 24, 2012 1:31 PM

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 1:29 PM
Interesting.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, January 24, 2012 3:16 PM
Oh the memories. That turned out really cool.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search