Gauge install - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Gauge install
Thursday, February 24, 2011 1:41 PM
I have 3 gauges that all need switched 12 volt power. Could I run 1 wire, and splice the three into it with the t spilce or whatever it is called, and then run an add a fuse thing to my fuse panel?

also could i do the same with the ground, and ground them all to one spot?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, February 24, 2011 1:42 PM

Re: Gauge install
Thursday, February 24, 2011 3:42 PM
you would need to make the fuse at the box to be the total amperage of all three gauges, then put a fuse for each gauge in line once they split off to be 100% safe (at least i would), and no problem on the ground.

Thursday, February 24, 2011 3:47 PM
How do i know the amperage of the gauge? All the instructions say is to connect to a 12v switched power supply.

Thursday, February 24, 2011 3:55 PM
wtf kinda gauges you installin??

Thursday, February 24, 2011 3:58 PM
They are all electric gauges. cyberdyne oil pressure and boost, and innovate dc-1

Thursday, February 24, 2011 4:09 PM
also, they all have a dimmer wire on them. where do i wire that into?

Thursday, February 24, 2011 11:01 PM
Yes you can use 1 wire to power all 3 gauges,And just use one fuse,Just find out what size fuse they want per gauge and multiply by 3..

And same with the ground wire get one good ground point and run it to your gauges..

I would tap your power wire into the facotry harness,Use the large Pink wire which is true ignition..

As far as the light wire goes,can you dim the gauges like with a dimmer control or do the just dim when turned on...If you need a dimmer wire pop out the dimmer control use a meter and find the wire that goes from 12 to 0 when you turn the dial.

If you just need a 12 volt wire when you turn on your lights you should be able to get it behind the dimmer control switch,If not go for the brown wire in the kick panel..Just meter the wire look for 12 volts when you turn the lights on..

And make sure you fuse all 12 volt wires..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search