Sunfire Db Drag Street A Setup - Page 2 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Sunfire Db Drag Street A Setup
Monday, May 16, 2011 12:34 PM
CCA vs OFC

The magic of the internet.

Monday, May 16, 2011 3:05 PM
Good info. I'll stick with my cca for the time being.
Thursday, May 19, 2011 10:35 AM
really good info, thanks sundown. i booke marked that page.

no updates as of yet, im still waiting for some ca glue to come in at my local hobby shop so i can re cone my sub. after that it's game on!!!!

150.0 DB, Loudest in Atlantic Canada, Street Class A.
Next year 155 DB
Thursday, May 19, 2011 7:54 PM
Good deal. Keep up the good work.

Friday, May 20, 2011 7:12 PM
finally got my glue for my recone today.

did some research on it after i bought it and seems to be i got the right stuff.
i got the mid cure 15 min stuff.
http://www.bsi-inc.com/Pages/hobby/epoxies.html

150.0 DB, Loudest in Atlantic Canada, Street Class A.
Next year 155 DB
Monday, September 03, 2012 5:43 AM
i totaly forgot i even had this thread untill someone emailed me asking about my build, i know it was almost a year ago but i figure i will update since a few people were following it a bit.

so i reconed my sub and blew it up after the first show up the season lol. i didnt give it any break in period at all, i was hoping to breaking it in a little on the hour and a half drive down to the show untill i ran into electrical issues.......

i was up all night working on the wiring and had the 4 + and 4 - junctioned to seprats bolts and wrapped in electrical tapes, well i guess my wrapping job wasnt good enough as while driving it had been rubbing again the floor of the car right above the gas tank and rubbed right through the electrical tape casueing a major short in my car, shut the car down twice on me in less then10 seconds. so i had to gerry rig it so there was no contact between the bolts and the floor, untill i got to the show and got some electrical tape, to re wrap it. so needlessly to say i didnt get a chance to "break in my sub" at all, so that why it blew up.

so fast foward to spring of this year and got another recone put it in, broke it in properly this time (3 weeks) and have been enjoying thumping on it all summer. I have done some competing but my numbers are about 2 db down from before when i was running the TFONE sub. 147.7 was my highest on a street A leagle setup and im running around 145.3 right now. minde you i didnt have my port flare in out have my sprare wheel taking out with the cover off either ( it does help by almost a full DB)

i havent been really into it this year as i have been doing a lot of horse back riding with my gf and spending most of my money on stuff for that, but i think next year i am gonna go all out and run for the 150 DB mark on a legal Street A setup.

plans include:
- redoing the fiberglass flare and beefing it up
- picking up a northstar 90 battery
-moving the amp into the trunk and angling the back seat
- possibly changing the box all together for a new design
- getting some tuning time on the term lab system

i have one more show to go to this fall, if i can get to it (im supposed to work)
i'll post up some results if i go, and try to keep this thread updated a bit over the winter as i make changed

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search