Anyone mold an iPhone/whatever dock in a Sunfire? - Page 2 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Anyone mold an iPhone/whatever dock in a Sunfire?
Saturday, May 21, 2011 7:38 PM
Sometimes I hate looking at this site just because I tend to get ideas . Now I am going to "have" to make a mount for my iphone.

http://nwgme.org

Sunday, May 22, 2011 9:21 PM
file:///E:/Graphics/0721102002-00.jpg
Sunday, May 22, 2011 9:29 PM

Monday, May 23, 2011 12:30 PM
^^ that's a pretty good location. Probably looks good at night.

One really cool thing about the iPhone is that there are a few GPS based speedometer apps that look really good sitting up in that area. There are also some that use te built in accelerometer, but obviously they aren't going to be all that accurate, but it's nice that there are a lot of options to be able to use apps for the car.

Sorry I don't have any pictures yet but I did get some progress done. I fiberglassed a mold of the vent, getting it ready to finish off and make my door for the iPhone dock to slide out. Im putting the final touches on the slider, so that should be mounted by tonight hopefully. I do have one minor surprise to finish it off that I'll wait till everything is installed to reveal, but I'm feeling good about the finished product. The only thing I'm not thrilled over is losing the vent, but the other vents will just have to push out more air when that one is blocked off.

-- John

Monday, May 23, 2011 3:27 PM

Just a preview, finally set myself up with a photobucket.

Progress ain't like the good ol' days, wife and kid and job take up lots o time.

Again the main idea behind this is for functionality, but it still should look slick and match the rest of my interior/audio mods when done.

-- John

Monday, May 23, 2011 5:49 PM
More progress pics. Looks strange right now, like it's wearing an eye patch.

And this is the general position it will will be mounted at. BTW, this new OEM apple dock fixed the whole sound issues I was having. Cheap eBay dock has been demoted to work desk use only. This is actually a dock for the 3GS, but it still fits the ip4 just fine, figured it would be better this way in case I ever need to dock other devices. And of course it will not be left white; will be either black or gray.

-- John

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 12:57 PM
Definitely liking this, can't wait to see it finished.
Lil tear came to my eye when I saw you say you daily drive it now.

RIP JessE -- You are not forgotten! | FaceBook | G+
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:31 PM
In for updates

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search