Good home audio forum? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Good home audio forum?
Wednesday, May 18, 2011 12:07 PM
Im finally getting my own place at the end of the summer and once I get my financial situation figured out I want to start working on a nice home system. I know I could just go out and buy some stuff and start playing around but whats the fun in that.

So does anyone know where I could start my learning at?

Re: Good home audio forum?
Thursday, May 19, 2011 8:20 PM
Thanks sir. Ill dig around in those a bit.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 9:14 PM
Find anything good?

This isn't exactly what you're looking for but an interesting read to say the least.

http://www.royaldevice.com/custom.htm
Saturday, May 21, 2011 3:07 PM
I just recently got into the home theater scene myself last summer. Currently Im running a pair of Klipsch RF-63's with a Denon PMA915R amp and Im loving it. If I were you I would check around on craigslist by you, you can find some good deals on equipment on there. Also I would check out Audiogon its kind of like a craigslist but only for high end audio components. These two forums are good as well AudioHolics and Klipsch Forums. That audioholics site is also nice because they have reviews and stuff on there as well.

Dave

Monday, May 23, 2011 7:18 PM
If your looking for real good information on anything to do with Home Audio or Video, you have to check out www.avsforum.com

They have been a great help to me for a long time.

(and www.monoprice.com is one of the best sites ever for wires and wall mounts and stuff, great quality and even better prices. Check out the HDMI cables and LCD wall Mounts, then go to the local BestBuy and do the same.)

Everything Louder than Everything else
Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:51 AM
Thanks guys. Im trying to piece this thing together as I go. Ive got the television, Blu-Ray player and Xbox. Hoping to get started saving for the stereo stuff after I get some miscellaneous small things for Wifi and what not. Soooo excited to have my own things.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:05 AM
Check out crown amplifiers, i've heard they're one of the best amps for home audio.
Tuesday, May 24, 2011 9:14 AM
Trying to figure out how to wire surround sound in an apartment...... Hmmmm.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 3:51 PM
Hmmm that could be tricky to do it in a clean way with no wires being shown since you cant really modify an apartment. Maybe for your rear speakers you could put them on those stands/pedestals and run the cable for them along a wall and out of the way. Those are really the only two where you could have some difficulty. If you wanted to something cleanly around a wall I dont see why these wouldnt work.

Dave

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:01 PM
AVSforums.com is good as stated, I also like hometheatershack.com

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:40 PM
Those arent too bad Dave. Ill keep them in mind.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 5:55 PM
I sliced the carpet in two spots and fished wires through

Oopsies landlord

On the real I doubt he'll ever see it.
Tuesday, May 24, 2011 6:07 PM
Wood floors mang. Might notice some ripped up floor boards.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 8:49 PM
Dang guess that wont work, no basement I'm assuming?
Tuesday, May 24, 2011 8:51 PM
I've also seen people place a big rug on hardwood floors just for a place to run cables, bitches love rugs too
Wednesday, May 25, 2011 4:45 AM
Big old bear skin rug. Thatll work. Hahaha.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 3:11 PM
we just ran along the edges of the room when we had an apartment, you don't notice as much as you'd think. Under the couches covers alot of ground too. You did end up with alot of wire for one of the back ones normally though. (it had to run all the way around the room cause the entry was in one corner) Maybe the lower trim strip comes off easy? with carpet we tucked it under the trim.

Everything Louder than Everything else
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search