double din in 95 cavalier - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
double din in 95 cavalier
Sunday, May 29, 2011 4:52 PM
my cousin is giving me his double din dvd navi and i need help figuring out how to mount in my 95 cavalier. i know its a 1.5 din so i have to modify. if anyone has done this, can they give me some ideas of how to do it please. thank you

didnt realize how much potential my cavalier had when i first bought it...

Re: double din in 95 cavalier
Thursday, June 02, 2011 10:54 PM
http://www.s10planet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19360 <- bam! double din in a 1.5 Din opening on an S10, hope that helps somewhat. may give you some ideas as to what is involved.
Friday, June 03, 2011 8:02 AM
If only S-trucks and Js were similar in that department.

You can switch the dash over from a 2k+ and itll fit but that requires all of the dash stuff as far as Im aware.

Friday, June 03, 2011 10:31 PM
TheSundownFire wrote:If only S-trucks and Js were similar in that department.

You can switch the dash over from a 2k+ and itll fit but that requires all of the dash stuff as far as Im aware.

When I originally saw this thread I was going to recommend swapping to the 2k bezel. You don't HAVE to swap the whole dash, but you do need to fab up brackets for the HVAC, and then of course for the deck.

I think this is one of those things where if you have to ask how to do it, then you won't be able to do it. You have to have a certain amount of skill and a lot creativity.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search