2 jl 12's?????? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2 jl 12's??????
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 3:07 PM
hey guys i've decided to put another sub into my system i already have 1 12 but its not enough anymore i want to add another 12 inch and run 250 watts to each sub to be safe on power levels, the sub i'm adding is another 12 inch wx its rms is 250 4 ohm, the only problem is that i have no idea on what amp i want to run any ideas????????

Re: 2 jl 12's??????
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 3:39 PM
ive had good luck with audiobahn....hope that helps,and allways run jl's

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 4:16 PM
oh god Audiobahn? Dude, no..... What's your budget, what's the exact model number of the subs? It will be a lot easier to help to know these things. Thanks.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 6:08 PM
Didnt Audiobahn go under?

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 7:21 PM
TheSundownFire wrote:Didnt Audiobahn go under?

One can only hope.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 9:03 PM
I miss my Audiobahns Well not really.

Like said above. Give us some specs and price ranges and we can help you sir.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, May 31, 2011 9:04 PM

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 9:10 PM
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 9:17 PM
My a2300hct was a beast, they did make a FEW good things

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 1:37 PM
sorry guys i tried to reply last night but guess it didnt go through or something but o well but anyway i have 2 of these subs jl wx 12 inch sub... i wanna run about 250 watts to stay safe on power levels my range is about $275 max (trying to stay cheap this time around) but i'll go a little higher if needed also if it matters at all i also have a jl 360x4 running all 4 speakers
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 1:40 PM
To bradsk88 how would i wire the two subs to the mono block??? i've read about it before but have no idea how to get the right ohm and watts out of the amp (250 watts 4 ohm), Thanks
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 2:33 PM
hmmm i seem to be posting something ever 5 minutes lol i found a posible amp and its a real good price its anMb Quart its a 4 channel but if i bridge the channels it'll meet the watts i need...opinions??

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 6:41 PM
Since they are both 4 ohms, you just tie all of the negetives together and all of the positives together to get 2 ohms.

I'm at work so I can't diag. it out. But just go to google images and type in 'parallel 2 subs'.

I generally recommend against using 4 channel amps to drive subs. The mono amps have bigger power stages to handle the incredible energy demand that comes with deep bass sounds.

That said. The MBQuart would work, but don't they have a mono in the same class/price range?

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 7:25 PM
MBQuart onyx 4.125 is a beast of a 4 channel for only 170 shipped. Mine powered my 18s verrrry well while I was waiting for my crescendo to come in. Could run a sub to the front and one to the rear having both bridged at 4 ohms and pull some pretty decent power out of it. I personally love the sound of a GOOD class a/b amp on subs.
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 8:03 PM
thanks for the reply i'm gonna look into the mono sub wiring a little more before i make a decision but if i was to go with the 4 channel i need to connect 2 rca's to both the channels the subs would be on or would it work with just 1 rca connected????
Wednesday, June 01, 2011 8:24 PM
It will work with 1 connected but you will be splitting the output voltage and that will make you turn your gains up more which is bad imo. You could also go to radio shack and get 2 rca splitters, 1 female to 2 males, thats how i would personally do it (not sure if it would make a difference tho).
Thursday, June 02, 2011 8:21 AM
if your running a 4 channel amp in 2 channel mode you only need one set of rca's and id rather run a single rca versus any type of rca splitters. those things dirty up the system quickly. running a mono amp would be allot more efficient and the distortion levels are so low that most people couldn't hear the diffrence between a class a/b and class d on the sub side of the system.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, June 02, 2011 8:28 AM
Lmao, the guy who thinks he can hear the diff between d and a/b on his subs then says to run splitters... Woooowww. Dude stop giving advice and go build ur wall.

Thursday, June 02, 2011 11:16 AM
Lmao the guy who does sound quality builds and can't tell the difference between a class a/b and class d amp. Go jump off a cliff.
Thursday, June 02, 2011 11:28 AM
I know the difference and I know that if ur using high quality brands (not crescendo), you won't hear one bit of sound difference between the 2 on your subs. Its not anywhere near worth the trade off in efficiency.

Thursday, June 02, 2011 11:45 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:I know the difference and I know that if ur using high quality brands (not crescendo), you won't hear one bit of sound difference between the 2 on your subs. Its not anywhere near worth the trade off in efficiency.

I wasn't talking about my setup in particular. And I can agree that there wasn't much of a difference on my subs and that a/b is inefficient. But class d comes at a price, and that is sound quality. Not saying that class d sounds bad but if I were doing a true SQ setup I would most definitely be running class a/b amps, sq is about sound not efficiency. If you're about efficiency thats more of an spl thing, which you obviously are not an spl guy.
Thursday, June 02, 2011 1:36 PM
Oh my god will you two knock the @!#$ off seriously. Im tired of every 2nd thread going to hell. Be adults or go away.

Thursday, June 02, 2011 3:55 PM
alright i think i'm gonna try both ways with the splitter and without the splitter i have one sitting around the house and figure i'll see if there is any difference
Also anybody know any cheap dual 12 inch boxes that will fit into the cavalier trunk good and match the carpeting for a good price????
Thursday, June 02, 2011 4:35 PM
I do but Im not about to ship it. Ask in your regional forum and youll probably have better luck.

Good luck!

Thursday, June 02, 2011 5:06 PM
TheSundownFire wrote:Oh my god will you two knock the @!#$ off seriously. Im tired of every 2nd thread going to hell. Be adults or go away.

Yeah..."you two"....
Thursday, June 02, 2011 5:10 PM
Nolan Lewis wrote:alright i think i'm gonna try both ways with the splitter and without the splitter i have one sitting around the house and figure i'll see if there is any difference
Also anybody know any cheap dual 12 inch boxes that will fit into the cavalier trunk good and match the carpeting for a good price????

I'm curious of the results of the splitter, please let me know if there is any difference.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search