lights - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
lights
Thursday, May 26, 2011 9:56 PM

hello all.

I am having troubles with my 2002 Pontiac sunfire. when I go to turn on my lights for driving in the night the headlights work fine low beam and high beam. but the gauge cluster does not light up at all as well as the lights the light up the temperature control knobs. I have taken apart the steering column and found no shorts or wearing wires. I have also checked all the fuses in the fuse panel and none of them are burnt,. Any ideas as to where to look at next? Could it be some wiring further into the dash? I am trying to avoid having to take the dash apart but if I have to I will. Thanks for any input anyone has too give. Jason

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?

Re: lights
Thursday, May 26, 2011 10:07 PM
I had a similar problem, it ended up being a burnt up headlight wire and the light switch went when it shorted out. Do your gauges work and just not light up?
Thursday, May 26, 2011 10:12 PM
Dumb question. Is the dimmer turned up?

Thursday, May 26, 2011 10:36 PM
bradsk88 wrote:Dumb question. Is the dimmer turned up?

lmfao. Open mouth. Insert foot.
Saturday, May 28, 2011 10:54 PM
I've had both problems, on my current DD 03 Cavalier.

The dimmer dial was bad.. replaced with one from a wrecker yard, free... the HVAC lights I had to go buy new bulbs, pull it apart and replace them. I believe it's a #47 bulb.

Saturday, May 28, 2011 11:54 PM
BassJunkie wrote:I had a similar problem, it ended up being a burnt up headlight wire and the light switch went when it shorted out. Do your gauges work and just not light up?

Yeah the Gauges work but they do not light up.

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?
Tuesday, June 07, 2011 8:29 PM
I went and replaced the dimmer switch on my sunfire today to try and fix the lighting issue. but to no avail. it did not work. any other suggestions from anyone??? Thanks

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search