Stupid question about getting a new deck - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stupid question about getting a new deck
Wednesday, June 08, 2011 10:16 AM
I have an aftermarket kenwood deck right now which was professionally installed. I was just wondering if I get a new deck would we have to take the dash off and everything like when they replaced the stock one? Or can we plug in the new one? lol, I want to get a deck which has a flip out screen.
Thanks

Re: Stupid question about getting a new deck
Wednesday, June 08, 2011 11:15 AM
You will obviously need to remove the radio/hvac bezel to get to the screws that hold the head unit in. You don't need to remove the whole dash.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Wednesday, June 08, 2011 8:10 PM
You have to take the top dash part off then look behind the stereo bezel and you will see a screw that holds the stereo bezel to the rest of the dash once that is unscrewed you can pull it off and access the head unit and hvac screws which hold them in. video 1 of how to remove stereo /video 2 hope this helps
Wednesday, June 08, 2011 8:28 PM
id stick to a kenwood deck also if your not to good at wiring. from there you can use the current kenwood wiring harness on the new. if your lucky enough that kenwood uses the same harness style on all there decks.

i sold my kenwood deck out of my 03 cav with a friend with an integra who happened to have an older kenwood deck. basiclly just removed hers and plugged mine in.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 8:43 PM
Haha yeah I was kinda hoping to just slide out my kenwood deck with the tools I got and just slide the new deck in but then i remembered that there was a wire running down that id have to unplug. wishful thinking I guess.
Friday, June 10, 2011 9:29 AM
Anyone have the Pioneer AVHP5000DVD In-Dash DVD receiver?
My friend said hed give me a good price
Friday, June 10, 2011 10:32 AM
ive got a 3300 and would have gone with a 4 or 5 series if i wanted to spend more for my daily driver. there good units.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, June 24, 2011 6:09 AM
I have the 3200 and same thing. Pioneer Double Din units are really nice esp. for the price on Amazon, you should check there for prices also since it may be better than what your friend could do, or if you want to spend less than the 5 series.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search