Help with new deck - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help with new deck
Saturday, June 11, 2011 8:46 PM
I just traded my rims for this P5000DVD pioneer DVD deck. He gave me the harness that plugs into the deck and then has 2 other attached harnesses, one that fits onto the one I had in my car from my other deck. The thing is the wiring is a mess, but it works and powers on and everything, but when I try to play the radio it doesn't work, sometimes there will be no noise and sometimes it's just static. The deck did come with a tuner box that my antenna wire plugs into. Could the tuner box be shot ? Does anyone know what could be causing this? It also makes a thumping noise everytime I move the wires or turn on the deck.
And found out it only works with iPod and iPhone, would a memory stick work since it has a USB slot?
Thanks

Re: Help with new deck
Sunday, June 12, 2011 12:52 AM
Do you have something like a psp? Try connecting your psp to it and see if it works? I have no idea about this stuff but that's what I would try. And my guess is if it plays music via USB or iPod then maybe it's not connecting all the way to play, let's say the radio or cd. Wait, have you tried a cd? I'm curious, but ya remember I have no idea what I'm talking about since I'm not exactly an audio guy.
Sunday, June 12, 2011 7:36 AM
Brian Groza wrote:Do you have something like a psp? Try connecting your psp to it and see if it works? I have no idea about this stuff but that's what I would try. And my guess is if it plays music via USB or iPod then maybe it's not connecting all the way to play, let's say the radio or cd. Wait, have you tried a cd? I'm curious, but ya remember I have no idea what I'm talking about since I'm not exactly an audio guy.

if you have no idea what your talking about then dont post an answer
Sunday, June 12, 2011 7:43 AM
Yeah it plays CDs just no reception for the radio. My other deck works when I plug it in so it can't be my antenna
Tuesday, June 14, 2011 7:34 PM
anyone?
i called a car audio store and he said that factory grounds arent good enough and that i should try grounding it myself.
would this work? and where could i ground it

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 8:13 PM
right inside the dash. the bare metal dash frame should provide a plenty good enough ground.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Wednesday, June 15, 2011 5:58 AM
find a new ground. and check to make sure your antenna is connected solidly.

make sure the tuner box is hooked up correctly and working. if not youlle likley need a new one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search