Amp placement photos - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Amp placement photos
Wednesday, June 08, 2011 3:22 PM
Does anyone have any photos of where they put there amps

Re: Amp placement photos
Thursday, June 09, 2011 8:32 PM
Are you thinking of super custom, or just a typical amp mount?

Thursday, June 09, 2011 8:43 PM
Just a typical mount, mine is where the spare tire used to be in the trunk i want to move it and put the spare in i do alot of traveling
Thursday, June 09, 2011 8:45 PM
I usually just screw them on to the back of the fold down seat. It's got a metal back so screwing is fine. Might leave holes in the fabric but it's not a big deal.

Alternatively I mount them on the sub box itself, but I like to avoid that because it's easier for a thief to steal the whole deal than if the amp is mounted separately.

Thursday, June 09, 2011 9:27 PM
what amp? depending on the size of it, you could get creative and get it in a corner or somewhere else out of the way. Otherwise, the back of the seat is a simple, perfect spot as Brad said. It's out of the way, easy, accessible.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Thursday, June 09, 2011 10:13 PM
i have mine under my front seats
Friday, June 10, 2011 4:53 AM
Friday, June 10, 2011 1:03 PM
Its the Sony XM-554ZR i like the roof idea maybe in the winder it can thaw my car haha
Saturday, June 11, 2011 11:03 AM
Mines always been mounted to my box. That way if I need to take it out for travel its just 3 wires and yank.

Saturday, June 11, 2011 11:37 AM
Thats a good point easy and quick to make room
Saturday, June 11, 2011 3:07 PM
Exactly. It was really nice when I had to move to and from school. Im sure I could mounted it somewhere permanent and made it look prettier but it doesnt bother me too much.

Sunday, June 12, 2011 5:54 AM
I think i am going to mount it to the sub box haha thank you everyone
Sunday, June 12, 2011 11:55 AM
Just remember, the chanced of a thief getting everything before anyone knows is multiplied greatly because now you just gave him one quick package. snip 3 wires and yank it all out.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Sunday, June 12, 2011 8:17 PM
Thats true, thats a big risk, any one have photos of where they have theres?
Sunday, June 12, 2011 8:29 PM
Wow, I had to dig waaay back into my photo archives to find any pictures of my amp mountings.
This is from when I was 16

Monday, June 13, 2011 1:02 PM
i like that set up, plus where you have the sub good use of space at the same time keeping space free A+++++++++++++
Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:59 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Just remember, the chanced of a thief getting everything before anyone knows is multiplied greatly because now you just gave him one quick package. snip 3 wires and yank it all out.

The Brian view on automotive stereo theft: They can take my $300 amp and $35 sub if that will keep them from trashing the rest of my car because I bolted my box down and hid my amp. I mean once theyre in your car your stuff is done for. Might as well lose it as painlessly as possible.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 8:37 PM
i just build the box big enough to wher eits takes 2-3 of them to steal it, oh and my z24 dont have a trunk popper in car so you need a key i dont worry about anyhting getting stolen in my car break a window and try to pry on my trunk LOL

click sig for my car audio videos
Thursday, June 16, 2011 9:03 PM
TheSundownFire wrote:
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Just remember, the chanced of a thief getting everything before anyone knows is multiplied greatly because now you just gave him one quick package. snip 3 wires and yank it all out.

The Brian view on automotive stereo theft: They can take my $300 amp and $35 sub if that will keep them from trashing the rest of my car because I bolted my box down and hid my amp. I mean once theyre in your car your stuff is done for. Might as well lose it as painlessly as possible.

It's always a compromise. The better route is just to try to keep your stereo a secret so you never have to find out.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search