Big 3/ Audio Question - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Big 3/ Audio Question
Tuesday, June 21, 2011 11:53 PM
Currently looking for some advice on where I can purchase the materials and whats needed for the big 3? I have read the guide but I remember a guy who used to sell a kit way back in the day, but i had to rejoin as I forgot my membership. So anyone able to help?

Also, looking to upgrade my stock(and now blown) audio equipment. I have a Sony headunit, and stock speakers, I will upgrade my headunit utterly last bc i will dig to the bottom of the earth to find a good one.

But I'm looking for 6x9's, and door speakers... 4x6, or adapters and 6.5's are acceptable for me. I would like for them to sound good without amplification, but can handle it if the spare money ever comes my way.

Also, sound deadening, I plan on taking my seats out and changing them to get a tad more comfort and doing a super duper interior detail, would it be best to sound deaden then, and if so what would I use that is cosf effective?

Re: Big 3/ Audio Question
Wednesday, June 22, 2011 5:04 AM
any shop that has wires and connector will work for the big 3. if you want audio style cables and connecters something like knukoncepts would prolaby be the cheapest route.

sound damping if money is a concern id skip doing the floors and just concentrate on the problem areas like the doors and the trunk. use the product selectivly to kill the biggest rattles.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, June 22, 2011 12:22 PM
Do you have any suggestions on what type of product to use for the sound deadening?

and is the whole "order the big 3 kit" thing gone now, or will I actually have to figure out what individual peices I need to get to perform the big 3 on my car???
Wednesday, June 22, 2011 2:03 PM
SECOND SKIN OR SOUND DEADENER SHOWDOWN. woo caps, second skin is a little cheaper if you buy alot fo it. cld tiles form sound deadener show down are the same thickness but are just about 6$ a sq foot, where second skin is around 4.40$ a sq foot. so its a good savings.

click sig for my car audio videos
Wednesday, June 22, 2011 3:20 PM
How many square ft. does it take to do the trunk, and interior of the car?
Wednesday, June 22, 2011 9:30 PM
Also, does anyone have any websites to buy discount audio equipment....I'd rather not go with the cheap Sony or Pioneer from walmart, I have an offer for 4x6 infinities with adapters for 60 shipped which is decent, but id like to look around bc id like to match with infininty 6x9's as well.
Wednesday, June 22, 2011 9:45 PM
for sound and vibration control, in this order these are the 2 brands I live by:

Cascade Audio Engineering
Second Skin Audio

For wiring your big 3, welding cable would suffice, weldingsupply.com i believe is the website.
knukonceptz.com i believe i knu's site link.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search