Infinity Review? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Infinity Review?
Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:12 PM
Currently doing some bidding with a guy on some 4x6 Infinity Reference speakers, Peak: 270 watts per pair / 135 watts each // RMS: 90 watts per pair / 45 watts each with adapters for the front doors for 60 shipped.

Anyone got any inputs on if these are good speakers or if this is a good deal or not?

Re: Infinity Review?
Thursday, June 23, 2011 3:32 PM
4x6 aren't good
get an adapter and go with 5 1/4 or 6.5. round speakers reproduce sound (specially bass) so much better than ovular speakers.
Thursday, June 23, 2011 4:13 PM
Andrey B wrote:4x6 aren't good
get an adapter and go with 5 1/4 or 6.5. round speakers reproduce sound (specially bass) so much better than ovular speakers.

This. If you can afford it, get a decent set of 5.25 or 6.5" speakers. 6.5 obviously being the more desired, and either will require a mounting adapter/baffle to bolt on correctly. What kind of budget are you working with, and what kind of power do you have to supply them? Do you have an amp, are you getting an amp, or are you just sticking to the head unit power?

As for Infinity reference speakers, I've always hated them. They're tinny, metallic, harsh and have nothing for midbass, especially when you are looking at 4X6's. I don't think you are going to be satisfied with them for $60.

Just for reference on decent 5.25" or 6.5" coaxial speakers, I am doing an additional 5% off my forum pricing right now on all Rainbow coaxials and the Sound Line components. KX130(5.25" coaxials) would be $95 shipped and the KX165(6.5" coaxials) would be $117 shipped. That's a high end brand with great build quality... and nice round coaxials. As Andrey said a round speaker will outperform an oval all day.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Thursday, June 23, 2011 4:54 PM
I am looking for something slightly above stock settings, that focus on harmonics and acoustics...im not a big bass type of person.
Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:18 PM
Into big bass or not, you want the speakers to hold up to as much of the full spectrum of sound being played as possible. Low end notes are part of music and speakers that can't extend low and keep up with the highs will not sound right.

And slightly above stock tells me you are using head unit power. I would personally recommend the Rainbow KX130's with the current price on them. That's also brand new with full factory warranty. I highly recommend buying from authorized dealers with factory support as much as you possible can, whether through me or not.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search