Best speakers for Rock - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Best speakers for Rock
Friday, June 24, 2011 6:59 PM
I'm looking to upgrade my interior speakers, i don't want to add a subwoofer. I'm looking for something for heavier style music, a day to remember, atreyu, metallica, ect. I was looking in to polk audios, would this be a good choice? Thanks for the help.

Re: Best speakers for Rock
Friday, June 24, 2011 7:19 PM
ask jl for his rainbow line from what i hear it is very good

Friday, June 24, 2011 8:02 PM
Surprisingly, I've found rock is the hardest to set up.

What other equipment do you have, or will speakers be the first upgrade?

Friday, June 24, 2011 8:30 PM
Mike Demo wrote:ask jl for his rainbow line from what i hear it is very good

This.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Friday, June 24, 2011 8:45 PM
Are you going to be amping the speakers or running them off the head unit power? What head unit do you have or plan to get? Why are you against a subwoofer? There are low frequencies in all music, rock included, that are a vital part of the music(bass guitar, drum, low vocals even). A simple 10" mid level sub in a small sealed box that doesn't need much power can help more than you would think. A lot of people think subs are for bassheads and people who want to listen to cRap music and thump up the neighborhood. They can(and should) be seamlessly blended into any system for any kind of music.

BUT, with all that said, just let us know what kind of head unit you have, what your budget is to upgrade your audio, and if you are planning to put an amp(even a small affordable one) on the speakers. Then some good recommendations can be made. I could easily tell you that whatever is on sale or available would be great, but I don't have a retail storefront to pay for, so I don't need to be a scum bag salesman lol.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Saturday, June 25, 2011 3:39 AM
I have a cheap Kenwood head unit right now, its not the greatest but I plan to upgrade to a pioneer. I'm not against a subwoofer, I just don't have the money to pay for it right now, I'm sure later down the road I will add one, but for now I'm looking for something that will sound good, even without the sub.
Saturday, June 25, 2011 1:33 PM
And again, will you be getting an amp for the speakers or just keeping them on the head unit power? Also, what kind of budget have you got for speakers?

Saturday, June 25, 2011 5:44 PM
Sorry, no amp just head unit. Budget, would like to keep it 150$
Saturday, June 25, 2011 10:14 PM
i might have something for you. paintball practice all day though, so when i get home tomorrow night i;ll let ya know.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search