HID Bi-xenon wiring question - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HID Bi-xenon wiring question
Wednesday, June 22, 2011 9:02 AM
ok so i installed my VVME Bi-Xenon hid kit in my car the other day and for some reason the hi beam light is always on on my dash and they dont change from low to hi at all, now i know on the 03+ cavys there are 2 plugs and i used the one on the bulb not the housing, now should i have used the plug on the housing for proper use of the kit?

Re: HID Bi-xenon wiring question
Wednesday, June 29, 2011 3:30 PM
so nobody had put bixenon hids in there car and can help me out with this?
Wednesday, June 29, 2011 4:24 PM
i went through 3 sets of bi xenon bulbs and not even once did i get them to work...
when you switch from low to high the bulb moves up and the light is reflected higher and brighter.
just get a set of projectors with 2 separate bulbs for low and hi beams and save yourself a lot of headache..
Wednesday, June 29, 2011 4:30 PM
... hids are not designed to be used in halogen housing anyway
you'll just be blinding people and your light will reflect all over the place as opposed to projectors that concentrate the output of light only on the road
Thursday, June 30, 2011 10:22 AM
How did you hook them up? Plug and Play with 9007 kit? or wired it in properly?
I went through an issue with my original Xenon / HID kit a few years back and realised the wiriring was backwards to what I thought
If you double check the Voltages / Grounds on the connections and kits, my guess is that the kit isn't direct and may need to be changed a bit
I might suggest to hard-wire in

Buddy Club Ecotec Cavalier
* More to come *
Thursday, June 30, 2011 10:48 PM
im running the DDMTuning 9007 hi/low took me about a hour install the right way both my bulbs had there own grounds for there motors on the back of the bulb

Friday, July 01, 2011 2:40 PM
I might flamed for this but I just installed my HIDs. At first I couldn't get them to work. I figured out that the wiring was backwards, as already stated. What I did was removed the positive and negative wires from the HID plug and hard wired them into the factory headlight plug. I used all proper wiring connections and wrapping techniques. They now work perfectly. Except just like you, my high beam light is always on, which doesn't bother me.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search