Distance Test - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Distance Test
Friday, July 08, 2011 8:07 PM
Just a short little distance test. Only the front doors on ~125 watts each. Not too bad for 2 6.5's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8wDHPOFfjM

Re: Distance Test
Friday, July 08, 2011 10:01 PM
THAT is how you judge your system? How annoying you can be in a parking lot? Kinda lame. I personally try to keep all my music in my car and make it as clean to me as possible. But I guess every town needs "that guy".

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Friday, July 08, 2011 10:43 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:THAT is how you judge your system? How annoying you can be in a parking lot? Kinda lame. I personally try to keep all my music in my car and make it as clean to me as possible. But I guess every town needs "that guy".

not only this, but you picked a terrible song. but then again just about every song on mainstream radio is terrible

Saturday, July 09, 2011 10:03 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:THAT is how you judge your system? How annoying you can be in a parking lot? Kinda lame. I personally try to keep all my music in my car and make it as clean to me as possible. But I guess every town needs "that guy".

Its how I'm demonstrating how loud my doors are from a distance. Doing a video from inside the car would most likely distort the camera mic.
Saturday, July 09, 2011 10:05 AM
HardcoreXSunfire wrote:

not only this, but you picked a terrible song. but then again just about every song on mainstream radio is terrible

What song would you have preffered? I picked a song that shows how good the doors sound. Also one that didnt have alot of profanity. Seeing as to how it was in a public parking lot.
Saturday, July 09, 2011 10:06 AM
it's actually a good way to show how loud and clear the speakers sound without distorting the mic
Saturday, July 09, 2011 11:33 AM
Besides. Those of us with properly loud systems need a mids and highs setup that can actually keep up with the bass. This does the job quite nicely.
Saturday, July 09, 2011 1:14 PM
A good song to pick would have been something not so generic and stupid. Metal/hardcore has lots of mids, highs, and bass.

Also its not how loud it is from a distance. No one cares how far away you can hear it. In fact that's quite annoying. Have fun with your noise ordinance situation.

Saturday, July 09, 2011 2:51 PM
it's not so much the loudness, as it's the power and how well your speakers can handle it
i wouldn't say it's loud at all, but all the power translates into sound waves which through a nice set of speakers can be reproduced way better than let's say stock or hardcorex system i.e
Saturday, July 09, 2011 4:58 PM
Is he coming here and trying to teach us something? LMAO

Saturday, July 09, 2011 5:44 PM
Interesting way to do things,I guess putting bigger foam over the mic wont work..But anyways

I am just wondering how the speakers are mounted in the door,Are they just screwed in to the plastic panel,or is there more going on..

But from a distance it sounded good,

Saturday, July 09, 2011 9:29 PM
HardcoreXSunfire wrote:A good song to pick would have been something not so generic and stupid. Metal/hardcore has lots of mids, highs, and bass.

Also its not how loud it is from a distance. No one cares how far away you can hear it. In fact that's quite annoying. Have fun with your noise ordinance situation.

Seeing as to how we are on computers, and in a video theres no real way to get a perception of the clarity or loudness of something point blank. Going at a distance, and showing how slow of a drop off there is in sound quality and loudness better shows the overall loudness and clarity of the doors. I dont like metal or hardcore, though I've got plenty of rock I play daily.
Saturday, July 09, 2011 9:32 PM
Andrey B wrote:it's not so much the loudness, as it's the power and how well your speakers can handle it
i wouldn't say it's loud at all, but all the power translates into sound waves which through a nice set of speakers can be reproduced way better than let's say stock or hardcorex system i.e

They are quite loud. Just a clean undistorted type of loudness. It all depends what your into. I dont play them like that just driving around. But when I'm slamming my system full tilt. Its nice to be able to clearly hear the music over the bass. It all has to be balanced
Saturday, July 09, 2011 9:33 PM
CrAzY Z24 wrote:Is he coming here and trying to teach us something? LMAO

I hope your not referring to me?
Saturday, July 09, 2011 9:35 PM
Jason Burten wrote:Interesting way to do things,I guess putting bigger foam over the mic wont work..But anyways

I am just wondering how the speakers are mounted in the door,Are they just screwed in to the plastic panel,or is there more going on..

But from a distance it sounded good,

Thanks! Theres a tad more than just screwing them in involved. Take off your door panel, then try to flush mount a 3 inch deep 6.5 with a ~5 inch motor. Lots of modification to the door panel. Took prolly 6 hours for both doors.
Sunday, July 10, 2011 11:49 AM
just wondering,I am running focal 165KR speaker behind my door panel,i had to cut out the door panel,then i pushed the focal grill through the back of the door panel,and then re carpeted the door panel,So looks factory with a little bump..
Sunday, July 10, 2011 2:34 PM
Jason Burten wrote:just wondering,I am running focal 165KR speaker behind my door panel,i had to cut out the door panel,then i pushed the focal grill through the back of the door panel,and then re carpeted the door panel,So looks factory with a little bump..

?? are you trying to ask a question
Sunday, July 10, 2011 4:39 PM
no just telling what I did in order to hide the speaker so its not seen..But now that i reread that post kinda looks like i was asking...lol
Sunday, July 10, 2011 7:43 PM
Sounds legit. I had to cut quite a bit of sheetmetal to get them to fit. But totally worth it. I'll have to throw some cheap 6.5's in there should I ever sell the car.
Sunday, July 10, 2011 9:00 PM
John Matuska wrote:
CrAzY Z24 wrote:Is he coming here and trying to teach us something? LMAO

I hope your not referring to me?

I was referring to andrey b.

Monday, July 11, 2011 10:21 AM
John Matuska wrote:
HardcoreXSunfire wrote:A good song to pick would have been something not so generic and stupid. Metal/hardcore has lots of mids, highs, and bass.

Seeing as to how we are on computers, and in a video theres no real way to get a perception of the clarity or loudness of something point blank. Going at a distance, and showing how slow of a drop off there is in sound quality and loudness better shows the overall loudness and clarity of the doors. I dont like metal or hardcore, though I've got plenty of rock I play daily.

how can you show a drop off in sound quality if were listening to it thru computer speakers, its only going to sound as good as the speakers were listening on so this test is kinda worthless. like taking a video of an image on an hd tv screen and then playing the video on a non hd tv and trying to show people how good hd is. it doesnt work. all you have proven is that your system can be heard from a few hundred feet away which has no bearing on how good the sound quality is.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Monday, July 11, 2011 10:54 AM
I remember being 16....lol

Monday, July 11, 2011 11:33 AM
Pointless thread.

Monday, July 11, 2011 2:25 PM
it sounded good to me not my kinda music though. what kinda spkrs were they
Monday, July 11, 2011 4:57 PM
yea, i mean you need alot of mids and highs for you crazy loud bass yo, i mean you need ot be able to hear dat sh!t from like a mile away in order for it to keep up wit da bass yea! m/

LMFAO at you thinking your loud....

click sig for my car audio videos
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search