Gauge Cluster Problem or Gauge Overlay Problem?? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Gauge Cluster Problem or Gauge Overlay Problem??
Thursday, August 11, 2011 9:06 AM
Hey guys, quick question. I have a white overlay gauge and when I go to turn on my headlights which also light up the overlay, sometimes it doesn't light up. The needles still light up though. I can't tell what the issue can be, because the overlay will turn on every once in while.

My question is, since the needles are still lit, I don't have a problem with the actual gauge cluster and it's lighting right? Cause if the lighting went bad in the actual cluster, wouldn't the needles stop working too?

When I looked at the overlay wiring, I switch it to a different "port" and it worked, but was only a one time fix as the next time I started the car, it didn't come on. Anyone have any ideas or can confirm if the cluster itself needs replaced? Give me some options to try. Thanks!

Re: Gauge Cluster Problem or Gauge Overlay Problem??
Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:24 PM
I'm guessing that it is just the overlay that has gone out. I don't know exactly how they work, but all of the ones that I have seen do not get their light from the cluster, but from a different source. I would pull the wiring and make sure that none of the wires are bad.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search