Signals don't flash sometimes - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Signals don't flash sometimes
Tuesday, November 29, 2011 6:45 PM
Alright, so i finally figured out my issue of my headlights, wipers, and lock thing and now sometimes when i turn on my signals they don't flash, they just light up until i turn them off... although if i flick the signal on and off a few times quick they will usually go back to normal... anyone know what this issue may be?

If it matters, it's a 2001 Pontiac Sunfire, 2.2L, Auto.

96 2.2L, #66 on the dirt track

Re: Signals don't flash sometimes
Wednesday, November 30, 2011 2:13 AM
Usually a bad bulb somewhere

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 11:13 AM
I'm having the same issue, but it doesn't happen that often..

I checked the signal light bulbs with the 4-ways, but that is as far as I got, have a couple other issues I need to take care of first.

Thursday, December 01, 2011 3:21 PM
A bad bulb will cause the signal on the side of the burnt out bulb to flash quickly, not just turn on, and on both sides. I meant to see if the 4 ways just turn on or if they flash when it's doing that but always forget.

96 2.2L, #66 on the dirt track
Thursday, December 01, 2011 3:23 PM
Adam L wrote:A bad bulb will cause the signal on the side of the burnt out bulb to flash quickly, not just turn on, and on both sides. I meant to see if the 4 ways just turn on or if they flash when it's doing that but always forget.

You're describing what happens when a bulb filament breaks.

There is another situation where the filament distorts and short circuits with the other filament inside the bulb. (The park light filament)
In this case, the light will come on and stay on when you turn the signal stalk.
It has happened to me, personally.

Friday, December 02, 2011 5:03 PM
yep, try the bulbs. then, a flasher. then a turn signal switch.that's pretty much all that's in the circuit.

car audio noob since 1984.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search