Pass lock bypass? Why is it not saposed to work for our cars? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pass lock bypass? Why is it not saposed to work for our cars?
Tuesday, January 24, 2012 5:26 PM
My car has no alarm or anything it is a stripped down model. I want to install remote start and install the actuators for auto locks. I have some ?s before I go ahead and buy anything. I can do anything under the hood and I have a degree in Industrial Technology so I know wiring and schematic’s. I also know my way around with a Multi Meter. I have done some research and would love if there are some post about sites or forums to look up. I want to do this easily and cheaply the car is just my gas saver.

01 cavalier (4 door)
Manuel locks
Manuel trans

I will buy the universal power door lock kit and remote start/// http://www.slickcar.com/details/2272-power-door-lock-kits.asp

My ?'s
Can i just do the pass lock bypass by adding a resistor to the yellow wire/ Resistance wire.(
The only problem I see with the resistor is if it burns out.)What does the PLJX bypass module do any differently? My car does not have the little red light on the dash; Is that why I have read you’re not supposed to be able to bypass it on j body's?

(Do I or can I?) Just bypass the neutral safety switch on my car?
Will the control module that comes with my actuators work for the relays?
What else will I need?

Where can I get the wiring schematic I am going to need to track down the wires I am going to need to connect the remote start.
I have never installed remote start and I am really just doing it for convenience and for future Know how.
Sorry for the log explanation Im just trying to figure out what all i Will need to make it work.

Re: Pass lock bypass? Why is it not saposed to work for our cars?
Saturday, January 28, 2012 2:07 AM
http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/diagram.asp?ModelID=14970&MakeID=35&link=

This has pics and everything, simplifies the whole process. Make sure to diode isolate the dome lamp, and you only need to grab from the left and right kick and it will still sound the alarm in the rear doors are opened. I tried the resistor on the yellow wire trick and it did not work for me, not sure why so I have to buy the bypass. Not sure if that box in the link you provided has built in relays or not, if you it doesn't you'll need two 5 pin SPDT relays to wire up lock and unlock, these can be had at partsexpress.com for under 2 dollars a pop. Good luck man.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search