Anyone add a AUX part so you can listen to your phone? 03-05 Cav - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Anyone add a AUX part so you can listen to your phone? 03-05 Cav
Saturday, February 25, 2012 2:56 PM
I'd rather not add a new head unit but rather a in line part so I can listen to my Samsung Galaxy SII via 3.5mm cable. I've seen plenty parts online that said that it's what it wiill do but I'd rather hear from people who have done it with a factory head unit on a 003-2005 Cavalier.

Re: Anyone add a AUX part so you can listen to your phone? 03-05 Cav
Saturday, February 25, 2012 3:24 PM
Sorry man, I converted to the indash dvd and it had a external source outout...

Saturday, February 25, 2012 3:27 PM
i havent done it to our cav how ever i did install the GM one in our other car with factory radio. that hookup allows me to not only run my phone but i can also plug/control/ charge my ipod with the same hook up. so its apple and 3.5mm ready.

Saturday, February 25, 2012 3:32 PM
Bluedriftcavy(Eco Swapper) wrote:i havent done it to our cav how ever i did install the GM one in our other car with factory radio. that hookup allows me to not only run my phone but i can also plug/control/ charge my ipod with the same hook up. so its apple and 3.5mm ready.

Got a part # of the part you did install? Thanks.
Sunday, February 26, 2012 9:31 AM
I have seen/used another one also that goes in between the anteanna cable and the radio, you plug the device into the radio where the anteanna would go, then plug the anteanna into the other side of this box. It then has a 3.5 cord to go out of the dash somewhere nice.

Found it on Amazon... http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-FM-MOD02-Universal-Modulator-Satellite/dp/B001QBG614/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1330277348&sr=8-17
We didn't have the dash mounting kit, we just ran a 3.5 cable out of the cigarette lighter slot so you get a better idea here..
Sunday, February 26, 2012 4:37 PM
oh god the sound quality from devices like that has got to be insanely horrible...... What is it you have against just upgrading head units?

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Sunday, February 26, 2012 5:32 PM
google GM12-AUXv2... it uses the OEM hookup in your 03 Cav's radio for a CD Changer and lets you add an Aux port. It has RCA inputs, but an RCA to 3.5mm cable should be available at any Wal-Mart, Target etc. If you get the adapter off of ebay, most will even come with that cable, or one that'll give you USB power trough some wiring into your cigarette lighter.

I have one in my '04, with the double-din radio. you just need to make sure that the button to switch to the CD function on your radio also says Aux on it. You just hold the CD / AUX button for about 2 seconds to switch between CD and your Aux input. Enjoy!
Sunday, February 26, 2012 6:15 PM
You can find another option here.
It controls an iPod too.
You can find it cheaper here though.

Sunday, February 26, 2012 6:26 PM
Why spend the extra money when he's not trying to control an iPod or iPhone? Read the original post, it's a Samsung galaxy s2. Just sayin'
Sunday, February 26, 2012 8:36 PM
To be honest that device I posted may look cheap but it sounded decent in my car when I tested it and when it was put into my buddy's car. And any 3.5mm aux input is going to be lower quality than any other media, I rarely use my built in aux on my pioneer, I'd much rather use an MP3 cd or USB (if I had it). Compared to buying a new headunit or using an FM transmitter this is a decent compromise for the price. The one I got was free from a junked car and it still worked fine.

Also its doing pretty much the same thing that those GM aux adapters are doing, just using the antenna cable for its input, for a hundred dollars less.
Monday, February 27, 2012 3:42 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:oh god the sound quality from devices like that has got to be insanely horrible...... What is it you have against just upgrading head units?

Cost. Easier to buy a in line device where i can input my phone music and I can keep my factory XM.

If I could find a head unit and a way to keep my XM that's in the car I would consider it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search