HID Install - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HID Install
Monday, February 27, 2012 3:14 PM
So...I installed my 12000k HID conversion kit today for my low beams...

There is only one issue I am confused about....

I have a 97 Cavalier and the headlights have 2 bulbs in each light....one for low's and one for high's. I installed the HID's into my lows and when I hit the highbeams...the HID low beams go off and the normal bulb high's go on...
Normally when I had the stock bulbs installed and hit the high beams...the lows would stay on and the high beams would come on with them.

I am wondering if this is happening because there are the 2 types of bulbs installed or if there would be another issue. I have plans of buying a 25000K HID conversion kit for the high beams.

Re: HID Install
Monday, February 27, 2012 3:33 PM
Are you 100% sure that all 4 bulbs remain on with regular halogen in there? Most cars don't do that. Just a suggestion, but I'd reinstall the stock bulbs and check.
Monday, February 27, 2012 4:58 PM
yeah im 100% sure
Monday, February 27, 2012 5:03 PM
On the dual bulb setup (like yours), the lows are supposed to turn off with the highs.

Monday, February 27, 2012 5:24 PM
Well I also forgot to mention that the DRL indicator blinks now when the lights are off but they still work fine.
Monday, February 27, 2012 8:52 PM
its normal, mine does it too
Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:39 PM
If you do a DRL delete by grounding the wire of the ECU (there's a sticky on this in exterior forum) and you wont have the DRL light blink. I dont know about ya'll but after my DRL light blinked it would throw a code and i get the check engine light. but the DRL delete took care of it. But as far as the head light issue, your low beams (the outer beams) should go off when your highs (inside beams) come on. Make sure you go with a digital ballast HID kit so that those highs will warm up quick. Good luck.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search