damn AD244 won't fit - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
damn AD244 won't fit
Saturday, March 17, 2012 8:47 AM
After a few hours unsuccessfully installing my alternator into my 00 2200 base cavalier, I headed to the local auto repair place. Three hours later, they are telling me they can't get it to fit either..wtf? I don't have a cruise control bracket in the way and my car comes with the longest belt, but for whatever reason noone can seem to make it fit..if there are no suggestions, ill have a used 145 amp ad244 with 40k miles for sale soon

Re: damn AD244 won't fit
Saturday, March 17, 2012 5:17 PM
what exactly is the problem your having? mine went on in like 10 minutes.

car audio noob since 1984.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012 7:02 AM
the issue was getting the belt to fit over everything...it took two of us, but we finally got it on, and go figure, now i have the "supercharger" whine, but im assuming its the alternator since it was used and the noise began immediately after installation. Even with the tensioner "bottomed-out" there was seemingly not enough slack to get the belt on...now that its on there, im positive it wont be going anywhere until i remove it...finally i can blast my system at night with no lighting issues...between my 15 diamond tdx and jbl gto 14001, i was waaaay beyond dimming lights, my f*cking lights were basically cutting off everytime the bass hit..
Thursday, March 22, 2012 7:27 PM
If you take the cruise control bracket off it gives you a lot more room to swing the tensioner. A screw driver and a buddy makes it go easier too. Just have to him lift the belt with the flat head and slip it over the pulley lip.

Or you can put the belt over the alt and push the belt down under the water pump pulley.Its not as tight of an angle and youre not pushing it over a lip so you can get it started and the radius on the pulley will help pull it over.

Saturday, March 24, 2012 9:54 AM
so if you dont have cruise control it should be gravy to do? do you have to change the adapter to fit the ad244? i also have a 2200 equipped car.

set the example, never let the example set you.
Sunday, March 25, 2012 6:01 PM
No the cruise control bracket stays where it is. Its notwhere close to the alt its just easier to loosen the belt with it out of the way. Not having cruise control only saves you the minute and a half it takes to take the CC bracket off.

Idk what adapter youre referring to. The AD bolts in the same spot as the stock you just have to remove the rear bracket and buy bolts.

Theres a thread that tells you exactly how to do it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search