Pioneer problem---won't eject cd - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pioneer problem---won't eject cd
Saturday, April 07, 2012 6:54 PM
So when i went to eject my cd today... nothin came out. it quit playing music and the cd didn't come out.. i can hear the rollers to feed the cd in/out working, but i don't think it popped the cd up or whatever it does, tried sticking another cd in to jimmy it around.. that usually works, but nothing.. anybody know of any fixes foar it? or am i looking at a new hu? I like this one, doesn't have any issues otherwise... but i guess i'll get a new one if i have to

Re: Pioneer problem---won't eject cd
Saturday, April 07, 2012 8:14 PM
Problem = Pioneer

Every deck they've ever produced has had this problem (maybe not the PRE's).
You can usually take the deck in to your local electronics repair place and they'll clean up the rollers for a small fee. Should bring it back to life, though.

Saturday, April 07, 2012 8:32 PM
My main wonder is why i can't hear anything in the player doing anything... usually i hear the pop ( I assume thats the cd leaving the reading area) then the rollers to slide it out of the deck... I'm not hearing any kind of pop, but maybe because it doesn't think theres a cd in there... I guess i'll stop at the audio shop next week and see what they say/can do. otherwise i have my eye on a new alpine deck.
Sunday, April 08, 2012 1:44 PM
Another thing, I have a kenwood cd player i got from a friend, the security lock was set, and his code quit working so he gave it to me... i see several ways to unlock it online, but do they work??..
Monday, April 09, 2012 6:21 PM
The story I've always been told with Kenwood is that if you lose the password you have to send it back to Kenwood to get it unlocked.
Never had to find out though.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 6:54 AM
Well I managed to get my pioneer to eject, but it took some "negotiating" with the deck. I did end up getting that kenwood to work, some fancy button pressing and a special code entered from the number pad on the remote, and it works. gonna see if i can get the pioneer cleaned up any, and put it in a friends car, so she'll at least have radio and aux in... and one really good mp3 cd she might not ever get out of it...
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search