wiring question, making a y harness - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wiring question, making a y harness
Monday, April 30, 2012 9:55 AM
here is my deal, im thinking about swapping to a 2001 2.4 computer in my 2003 ecotec.

Can i make a yharness out of my current eco harness, so in theory i can have 2 pcms plugged in at the same time, i wont of course, but i can have the eco plugged in or the twin cam and still have it run fine.

ecotec pcm----\
--------------engine harness
2.4 twin cam --/

i know i can just switch them out(harness') but i wont beable to keep the pcm in the fender and y-harness i can put the pcm under the dash.

Re: wiring question, making a y harness
Monday, April 30, 2012 10:02 AM

I'm confused, and the reason for this would be???
Monday, April 30, 2012 10:46 AM
someone needs to go back and re read the eco swap instructions before he makes more work for himself like possible mount the engine unside down

JBO since July 30, 2001
Monday, April 30, 2012 11:00 AM
Why would you need the L61 PCM?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, April 30, 2012 4:56 PM
It's so I can swap between the 2 easily. Literally unplug one and plug in the other . And have a different PCM in a minute or so.
they won't be running together.
The car already has an eco swap that's 6 years old and is running a turbo on the crapflash.
Anne I wanna try the 2.4 reflashed computer with the Eco.

I just wanna re pin so to speak for easy ness to swap between the Pcm's if I so wish

Or I have to go find all the connectors in a yard so I don't hack up a good harness
Monday, April 30, 2012 5:48 PM
the 2.4 reflash will not run an eco... sad day for you...

your ideaology is really screwed up, I dont see why you ever want to swap pcms on the fly...

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Monday, April 30, 2012 5:56 PM
Alex Richards wrote:the 2.4 reflash will not run an eco... sad day for you...

your ideaology is really screwed up, I dont see why you ever want to swap pcms on the fly...

Somewhat incorrect. You can run an eco off the 2.2 or 2.4 engine harness with the 2200 computer or 2.4 computer. You can then use the 2.4 supercharger reflash and tweak as needed with hpt to make it run correctly. There are a few sensors that have to be changed as well but the main idea is yes you can run a eco off the 2.4 computer and harness.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=64&i=20831&t=20831
Monday, April 30, 2012 8:48 PM
Thanks for the helpful replies

I'm just gonna swap the engine harness and go from there.
Thanks
Tuesday, May 01, 2012 10:57 AM
Philly D wrote:
Alex Richards wrote:the 2.4 reflash will not run an eco... sad day for you...

Somewhat incorrect. You can run an eco off the 2.2 or 2.4 engine harness with the 2200 computer or 2.4 computer. You can then use the 2.4 supercharger reflash and tweak as needed with hpt to make it run correctly. There are a few sensors that have to be changed as well but the main idea is yes you can run a eco off the 2.4 computer and harness.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=64&i=20831&t=20831

Was not aware of that, Thought the crank reluctors were different.

Either way, the rest of the ECM's in the vehicle on the class II data network will not like you swapping PCM's... theres initialization procedures that have to be accomplished

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 11:17 AM
All 95-05 J's have the same trigger wheels.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, May 01, 2012 4:29 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:All 95-05 J's have the same trigger wheels.

Not entirely correct... 95-98 OHV's had a trigger wheel that was offset by 10 degrees compared to the newer style 98-2002 cranks, engine will come back if rebuilt and the cranks are swapped. The eco I know nothing about as I've never had the two cranks side by side... I would really like to verify this...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search