Installing Rostra Cruise Control - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Installing Rostra Cruise Control
Monday, May 28, 2012 6:42 PM
I have a 2002 base Cavalier with a 2.2 OHV and an automatic trans. No other options. I recently picked up a huge commute and have been pulled over for speeding three times in the last six weeks. I need cruise or I will end up losing my license.

This weekend I installed the Rostra cruise kit but it's not working. I initially had the VSS and tach wires reversed and the cruise would take over sometimes when I tried to set it but it worked horribly as you can imagine. I figured out and corrected the reversed wires but I cannot get the cruise to engage.

The manual has a troubleshooting guide and the unit has a diagnostic mode. It passes all of the tests except for the VSS signal. I have the cruise's VSS wire connected to the green/white wire in position 34 of the blue PCM connector. Can anyone confirm that this is the correct wire to get a VSS out signal? I've done and redone the connection. I actually cut the wire and drove the car just to see what would happen and nothing happened. The car ran and the speedo worked. It seems to me as if maybe the cruise isn't seeing a VSS signal because I'm not hooked up to the correct wire even though the installation instructions point to this wire and it also jives with a connector diagram that I found online.

Can anyone help me please?

Re: Installing Rostra Cruise Control
Monday, May 28, 2012 9:04 PM
I have never installed an aftermarket cruise control set up and kind of cringe at the idea. But my advice here is watch your speed. You have absolutely no one but yourself to blame for 3 speeding tickets in 6 WEEKS. That's nuts, I can't imagine how you are THAT inattentive, but good luck getting the cruise working if that's the best discipline you have....

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 3:16 AM
That's not helpful.
Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:00 PM
blacktoothgrin wrote:That's truthful.

ftfy.

seriously. if you are breaking the law, you deserve to be punished. you earned your license by showing you could obey the rules of the road, and every time you DON'T obey those rules, you get penalized.

in short:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, May 29, 2012 4:39 PM

car audio noob since 1984.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search