Fog Lights Quit - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fog Lights Quit
Friday, June 15, 2012 3:57 PM
02 Sunfire GT

Can anyone help me figure out why my foglights quit working. Here's what I've figured out. Bulbs are good / purple and black wires from relay to fogs have continuity / if i disconnect the fog light relay on the rebar and power the terminal i can force the foglights to operate / i tested the relay and it works / also tested the daytime running light relay and it works / checked all fuses (underhood and interior) / the interior foglight switch does not light up when you turn the park lamps on - but I put it into a co-workers sunfire and it lights up and turns on his fog lights / the (GREEN / WHITE) wire coming from the foglight relay has continuity from the relay, throught the firewall, and to the BCM harness. That's about all I've been able to come up with. Electrical is not my specialty - I'm pretty impressed I've figured out this much. Is the BCM messed up and not putting power to the (GREEN / WHITE) wire so that it can power the relay? Can the dealer diagnose the BCM with a scanner? Also with a multimeter I am showing 10.5V to the ORANGE wire going into the foglight switch - but it does not light up a test light - test light is ok - works on a 9V battery and everywhere else. I've been on this for about 2 weeks and am stumped. Is there a schematic anywhere?

Re: Fog Lights Quit
Friday, June 15, 2012 4:25 PM
There shoild be wiring diagrams in the haynes manual.. there is a link to a manual that is downloadable for free. Do a search for haynes download... as for your problem.... im more hands on. Hard to help over the net
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search