How much second skin did you use to seal your coupe doors? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How much second skin did you use to seal your coupe doors?
Monday, June 25, 2012 2:21 PM
Seriously...I'm about to buy some and I'd rather not have a pile left over.
Clicky
It says a door pack comes with 13 sq. ft. Too much or too little for one j-body door(2-door)?

Thanks in advance guys

"In Oldskool we trust"

Re: How much second skin did you use to seal your coupe doors?
Monday, June 25, 2012 8:45 PM
i'd just go with what they list there... if there are any leftovers, just listen to your car rattle and that will tell you where to put the extras lol..

my doors have one layer (plus overlaps) and it took out all of the vibration.. in the doors... still a little squeal inside the door somewhere that i don't have access to. i'm assuming you have speaker adapters & some sort of aftermarket setup, so i'd put an extra layer close to/around the speaker & the adapter plate if you have the extra as well..
Monday, June 25, 2012 10:12 PM
get 2 door kits if you're worried. 1 door kit should easily put 1 good layer over the whole door/access holes of both doors. I would also put a layer behind the speakers on the inner door skin, make sure you do the door skin itself and all it's access holes the best you can, and use any leftovers anywhere you need it, as Jordan said.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Friday, June 29, 2012 5:43 AM
I used just 1 door kit and it was more than enough to do both doors on my Sunfire. I had a little bit left over and put some on the backside of the license plate and a little on the inside of the trunk lid.

Saturday, June 30, 2012 6:16 AM
the more the merrier! I have about 100 sq ft in my park avenue. dont get the bare minimum you think you'll need, you'll use it up quick and there's ALWAYS areas for the "extra" to go
Saturday, June 30, 2012 1:12 PM
100sq. Ft.?? You do know its for panel vibrations, not sound blocking right? Could have saved a lot of time, weight, and money buying multiple products MADE for different purposes rather than overbuying damping mat....

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, June 30, 2012 9:05 PM
a park avenue is a bit larger than a cavalier, so yes, 100 sq ft and as I said it could probably use some more. I have two fifteens and did not want the trunk/car to rattle and something tells me if I didnt quite use as much as I did, I wouldnt have the results I do.... so mission accomplished for the most part, the car is still a work in progress.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search