Bad ECU? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bad ECU?
Friday, July 06, 2012 10:25 AM
Hey guys,

My 99 cav has been acting a bit funny for a little while now, basic details, 99 cav 2.4, boosted, hp tuned etc. Ever since we have started the tuning process the car doesnt like to start when its warm. Sometimes it would be fine and other times I would have to leave it for 15-20 min and it would fire back up. Figured this was something to do with my tune or a table I couldnt access. Couple nights ago I took her for a bath (did not wash the engine) and the car would not start afterwards. I figured its acting up agian so I let it sit 15-20 min, still wouldnt start. Let it sit for over an hour and nothing. Finally after a couple hours I decided to get it towed home. Started last night doing some checks, it has spark, it has fuel pressure to the rail. Popped the plugs out and they look good. Timing is good as well. It wont even try to run, no sputtering or anything. So after a few more checks my injectors are not opening at all. I did a continuity check on injector harness so I am getting a good ground, but no pulsing of injectors at all. So my question is does this sound like my ECU #%$^ the bed, maybe the injector driver in the ecu died? I thought maybe a theftlock issue but my theft light doesnt blink, just stays on when im cranking it over, and iv never had a theft lock issue in the past. Any help on this?

I have done the obvious and checked fuses as well. Poored a small bit of gas into the manifold and it would try to start.

Thanks for your time guys, im a bit stumped as to what is going on and why if the ECU is bad did it crap out on me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, July 06, 2012 10:27 AM

"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers"-Colin McRae

Re: Bad ECU?
Friday, July 06, 2012 10:39 AM
Have you tried a battery disconnect, leave it for 1/2 hour or so then reconnect?

Friday, July 06, 2012 3:46 PM
Lanman31337 - Cavfire wrote:Have you tried a battery disconnect, leave it for 1/2 hour or so then reconnect?

Yes I have. I charged the battery back up so had it fully disconnected.

Sunday, July 08, 2012 10:12 AM
Well it was the ecu, changed it out yesterday, did a theft lock relearn and she fired right up.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search