Sub/Amp interference/noise - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Sub/Amp interference/noise
Monday, July 02, 2012 9:28 PM
I recently changed up my subs, got two JL 12's in a power wedge box, with a JL 250 watt mono amp, kicks pretty good for what it is I think. but heres my issue..

I have noticed that I get a lot of noise/interference it seems like when there is no music playing, say my cd player is on AUX with the music paused or off/no input... even sometimes when the volume is just down.. I haven't made any adjustments to the amp since I got it, it was supposed to be tuned for the subs/box as it is a matched set. I did also notice if I physically put my hand on the amp it will quite the noise? I don't have much experience in this particular area, what I usually deal with either works or it doesn't, not really sure on the whole troubleshooting a stereo system like this...

Also power/RCA wires are run on opposite sides of car and don't meet till the amp, verified I have a clean ground & solid battery connection, engine on/off doesn't affect the noise. and also neither of the past two amp/sub combos i have had in the car before this had this issue..

Any help would be appreciated, Its not really the end of the world for me, I rarely notice it unless I have the music off/down to talk to someone or for whatever reason, but it'd be nice to have it figured out.

thanks

Re: Sub/Amp interference/noise
Thursday, July 05, 2012 10:39 PM
If you unplug the RCAs from the amp, is the noise still there?

Re: Sub/Amp interference/noise
Tuesday, July 10, 2012 10:13 AM
bradsk88 wrote:If you unplug the RCAs from the amp, is the noise still there?

Noise is still there. Thinking its in the sub(s) but im gonna hook one of my old subs up to test the amp. Sometime later
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search