pioneer - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
pioneer
Monday, July 16, 2012 6:44 AM
im not the best with audio anymore, can any body tell me the best pioneer set up for the buck
looking at a 10 and a mono amp. I mainly want the sub pioneer if the amp is too that would be great. wanting it to go with my new double-in dash

Re: pioneer
Monday, July 16, 2012 8:19 AM
Why are you only interested in pioneer specifically? And "bang for the buck" can go so many ways. What's your main sound goal, and budget?

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, July 16, 2012 9:00 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Why are you only interested in pioneer specifically? And "bang for the buck" can go so many ways. What's your main sound goal, and budget?

my double-indash is pioneer and I made a custom fiberglass box like the school cobalts had kinda wanting it to look oem I got carpet that matches the floor perfect to wrap it.
not looking to shake the car would like it to stick around 500 open to sugestions

im open to other company's just not kicker and alpine had a mrp-m1000 and and a 12 r reason being the sub blew and company I got it from went out of business and they wouldn't cover the warranty cause it was over a month and the amp blew 6 months later called em again telling the story on both they refused to cover eather $800 system I had for less then 2 years! offered to fix em for $400 lmfao.
Monday, July 16, 2012 9:35 AM
I have one 10" rainbow hammer/sealed box combination left in the us if you're interested. I can(and I'm sure others as well) help find a decent amp for ya. Look into soundstream Rubicons if you want decent on a tight budget. Cool thing about the hammers is they are a nicely priced sub that is clean and well built and only take about 300 watts of clean power to work to their full potential. If you are looking for sealed, hit up www.rainbow-audio.de for details on the rainbow stream(sealed box combo) I am fairly sure we still have 1. And I believe the price is roughly $300 .ill check when I get home to my prices.

Just an option for ya

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, July 16, 2012 9:51 AM
I have a friend selling a ppi dcx-104 for 60 I have never herd of this brand before its said to handle 1000 watts? do you have a opinion on this sub?
Monday, July 16, 2012 5:28 PM
I know back in the day PPI made good amps. I never had any experience with their subs though. A quick search shows that the DCX-104 is a fairly beefy sub. Not sure on how good it sounds, but it looks very large and overbuilt. I would guess they were intended to get loud. But again, no real-world experience with them. Also keep in mind they haven't made those in YEARS so that sub has some age and use under it's belt. With a PEAK "rating" at 1K watts, I would imagine it is a sub built to take about 500 or less. PPI, unfortunately, over-inflated the unregulated "peak" power numbers to generate sales like so many others did.

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search