Turn signal indicatior stays on in dash - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turn signal indicatior stays on in dash
Saturday, July 28, 2012 10:34 AM
I just got this problem last night, only happens with headlights on, but the right turn signal indicator light will stay on all the time its a bit dimmer than when you actually have the turn signal on. if you use the right turn signal it will light up and blink like normal, and when the turn signal turns off it will go out, then slowly get brighter and stay on, haven't seen this issue before, searched and didn't find anything.. and I haven't done anything with the headlights/turns/brake lights recently.. I did find a blown marker light in the front left corner but I don't think that is part of the issue, unless that is part of the system to tell you if a light is out?

Anybody got any ideas? It doesn't affect the turn signals working in the car, but its just weird that its doing it.

Re: Turn signal indicatior stays on in dash
Saturday, July 28, 2012 10:14 PM
Yes that is the problem. Replace the marker light and it should go back to normal.

Saturday, July 28, 2012 11:08 PM
Yep. That burnt out bulb is more than likely the issue. My 97 did the exact same thing.

Sunday, July 29, 2012 1:21 AM
alright i'll get to that then... i didn't think that that would be the issue, i'm used to seeing the indicator for the bulb that is out flash quickly or stay on all the time when the turn signal is on.. plus its the indicator for the opposite side of the car, light thats out is for driver side signal/marker light and its the right turn indicator that is on. weird. oh well. thanks for the help guys.
Sunday, July 29, 2012 8:44 PM
I guess it wasn't to do with the burnt out light? driving around tonight and it quit lighting up the blinker, but i haven't replaced the blown bulb yet? must have been something else?..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search