Questions Re: Sundown Audio SA-8 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Questions Re: Sundown Audio SA-8
Friday, August 03, 2012 4:58 PM
In looking into buying a single SA-8 to add a little thump to my music. Are the V2 worth the extra money over the original? On the V2 I see it's a dual voice coil but on all the pics it only shows 1 push terminal, how are they wired to lower the impedance there is only 1 terminal? How much more RMS power can they handle over the rated RMS? Thanks in advance.

Re: Questions Re: Sundown Audio SA-8
Friday, August 03, 2012 8:43 PM
there dual voice coils on the v2s......great subs.....rated at 500 watts rms ....but they can handle more....i have 2 of them right now and they sound sweet. i'll be going to a spl comp tomorrow ...i'll post up some numbers
Friday, August 03, 2012 8:56 PM
grimez wrote:there dual voice coils on the v2s......great subs.....rated at 500 watts rms ....but they can handle more....i have 2 of them right now and they sound sweet. i'll be going to a spl comp tomorrow ...i'll post up some numbers

Are you running 8s? Any pics? I'm not really looking to be heard coming from a 1/2 mile away but I'd imagine a single 8 on my Memphis 16-MCD500 would sound ok
Friday, August 03, 2012 9:30 PM
i'll take some pics and video tomorrow at the show...the system isnt finished yet...i'll be doing 4 8s....so i'll post up tomorrow ....heres my setup earlier this year http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAa96sbkhmo&feature=plcp
Sunday, August 05, 2012 5:54 AM
yesterday i did a 137.9 legal at the dash on a termlab ....and outlaw on music 139.6 at the headrest
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search