high/low beams at same time(hid's) - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
high/low beams at same time(hid's)
Sunday, July 01, 2012 1:07 PM
ive searched everywhere, sorry if its been answered already. I have hid's and wanna do this mod, however no one has stated wether the relay goes pre or post ballast any answers thanks.

Re: high/low beams at same time(hid's)
Monday, July 02, 2012 10:37 AM
Pre ballast. Use high beam - for trigger on the relay. And switch the low beam - with any ground source. I have had high/low mod for at least a year before hids.. it was still plug n play for me.
Monday, July 02, 2012 10:43 AM
why are you doing the 4-beam mod with hids?

car audio noob since 1984.
Monday, July 02, 2012 3:54 PM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:why are you doing the 4-beam mod with hids?

I never took mine off afterci switched.. some want it for the overlap when the bulbs are heating..
Tuesday, July 03, 2012 1:13 PM
Jordan wrote:

I never took mine off afterci switched.. some want it for the overlap when the bulbs are heating..

a whole 3 seconds of overlap?

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 4:00 PM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:
Jordan wrote:

a whole 3 seconds of overlap?

I think the overlap time can vary... but who cares... if he wants to do it thats his choice
Wednesday, July 04, 2012 8:24 AM
because there is no way anyone needs that much light. i have a pair of 55w hids in my car, and my windshield is tinted at 35%, i can still see fine. i'm just thinking of the poor oncoming motorists who get blinded by this.

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 4:07 PM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:because there is no way anyone needs that much light. i have a pair of 55w hids in my car, and my windshield is tinted at 35%, i can still see fine. i'm just thinking of the poor oncoming motorists who get blinded by this.

If they get blinded by the high;low mod then its because the driver didnt dim them. The mod did hella good in my beretta and again before i switched to hids
Thursday, July 05, 2012 10:36 PM
I've got my HIDs modded for 4 bulb. My hi beams are not quick start, so it takes them nearly 10 seconds to come on to full brightness, which on the highway is a lot.

Sunday, August 26, 2012 2:25 PM
Is there any good tutoral for this with pictures? I have a 97 Cavi with HID's in the high's and low's and can hardly ever use the highs because of the heat up time and can be without light for up to 10 seconds in the dark if I want to switch to them and visa versa
Tuesday, August 28, 2012 10:38 AM
There are several. Search for high/low mod or 4high mod...

Basically your using a relay and the high beam negative is the trigger to ground the low beam negative

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search