Head Unit question - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Head Unit question
Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:31 AM
I installed a Sony MEX-BT4000P into my 2003 Sunfire SE Coupe and I tried looking for the Tracker harness but no where around me had one and the install places wanted $65+ for one. So I got a Scoche GM035F which the package said was supposed to be adaptable for my year of vehicle but when I went to connect it together and installed my deck nothing worked. I then saw that the harness was not configured for my type of vehicle and so I had to make some adjustments and did some cutting and splicing of the one harness and it finally fit into the other.

Now the stereo works but it doesn't turn off when the car ignition is turned off and turning the key backwards doesn't do anything to it either. It does shut off it I manually shut it off which doesn't bother me and it is tapped into the wipers with a create a circuit so is this normal operation for an aftermarket head unit? The wiring for my factory deck and harness adapter is listed below:

Stock Plug
A2 - Not Used
A3 - Not Used
A4 - Not Used
A5 - Not Used
A6 - Not Used
A7 - Not Used
A8 - Tan - Left Front +
A9 - Grey - Left Front -
A10 - Light Blue - Right Rear -
A11 - Dark Blue - Right Rear +
A12 - Black - Ground

B1 - Orange - 12 V Battery Constant
B2 - Not Used
B3 - Not Used
B4 - Grey - Interior Dimming Light
B5 - Black - Ground
B6 - Not Used
B7 - Not Used
B8 - Brown - Left Rear +
B9 - Yellow - Left Rear -
B10 - Dark Green - Right Front -
B11 - Light Green - Right Front +
B12 - Not Used

GM035F
A1 - Not Used
A2 - Not Used
A3 - Not Used
A4 - Not Used
A5 - Not Used
A6 - Not Used
A7 - Not Used
A8 - White - Left Front +
A9 - White/Black - Left Front -
A10 - Purple/Black - Right Rear -
A11 - Purple - Right Rear +
A12 - Black - Ground

B1 - Yellow - 12 V Battery Constant
B2 - Red - 12 V Ignition/ Switched
B3 - Blue/White - Amplifier Turn On
B4 - Orange/White - Dimmer
B5 - Not Used
B6 - Not Used
B7 - Not Used
B8 - Green - Left Rear +
B9 - Green/Black - Left Rear -
B10 - Grey/Black - Right Front -
B11 - Grey - Right Front +
B12 - Orange - Illumination/Dashlight

I had to remove the pins from the GM035F and then replaced them in the positions they corresponded to the factory harness. The only one that didn't go into the harness was the 12 V Ignition/Switched which was linked to the create a fuse to the wipers fuse. I also looked up the Scosche E2 model (the package states it is also for my vehicle) which is has the chimes and a data interface included (EGM2Kf) and its pretty similar but still has pins in different areas as well and not sure if it would have actually fit. I can list the PIN configuration for that one as well if necessary but I never used it but just in case anyone wants to know.

Re: Head Unit question
Wednesday, September 26, 2012 1:07 PM
My new adapter was 12 dollars at walmart. You must not have looked very well. If your radio is on all the time then you dont have the accessory wire correct. Are you sure your add a circuit is in the right fuse spot?

Have a nice day.
Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:42 AM
Trust me we have 3 walmarts here and they are not as well stocked as other stores I have been to but yes they had maybe 8 or 9 harnesses there...GM88-95, GM 96 and up...Nissan...Toyota...Dodge...Mazada...Ford....Universal were the ones there if I am remembering correctly and that was the same in all 3 stores. It is tapped into the wiper fuse because when I remove it the wipers stop working so yes the create a circuit is working normal. It wasn't hard to remove the pins once I saw how it was done...Did it with a bobbypin with the straight side end cut off and just pushed it into the Male end slot of the harness and pushed the lock down and it popped out nicely.
Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:39 AM
Well you have something out somewhere. Double check that you have the 12v constant correct and that your switched power from the wiper fuse correct.

Have a nice day.
Thursday, September 27, 2012 11:29 AM
How clean is the wiring? Possible there is a short between constant and accessory?

Mind posting up a picture of the harness as it is currently wired?

Friday, September 28, 2012 10:12 AM
I will when I have time this weekend work has been very busy.
Sunday, October 07, 2012 2:16 PM
I haven't had time as the weather here has been @!#$ty pretty much the start of winter so I doubt I will be doing much work anymore...it works for the most part just doesn't shut off when key is off which isn't bad unless I forget...once spring gets here next April/May I will get a pic so thanks for the help so far.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search