Time for a new horn - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Time for a new horn
Wednesday, September 26, 2012 3:01 AM
So horn decided to go bad on the sunfire. Going to go to the junkyard for a replacement, what kind of horn should I get, I want to go with something other than stock. I know alot of horns sound different anybody know certain car with nice sounding once, mine was always so weak.

Re: Time for a new horn
Wednesday, September 26, 2012 1:11 PM
Something from a full size truck would probably sound decent. Or a van, either of those are pretty powerful sounding

Have a nice day.
Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:58 PM
why a junk yard? new horns cost like $10...

car audio noob since 1984.
Friday, September 28, 2012 11:29 AM
Get a Cadillac Deville horn. They sound like air horns.
Friday, September 28, 2012 11:18 PM
Caddy's usually use four horns.. you'll want to put a relay in, or risk melting your stock wiring harness like a buddy of mine did.

I went with a nice loud one from an 08 Impala... two horns, and it's definitely not the stock J-body horn. Or you could go with a dinky import horn... like something off a Pontiac Vibe (Toyota Matrix)... my wife's best friend has one, it sounds so wimpy... almost in a funny way.
Monday, October 08, 2012 8:31 AM
I have a simple solution for you....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000DLBIGG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

I've used these in my Cav, and my Hyundai Veloster. They don't sound like a train, but they are deep and commanding enough to let people know you're there. They come with a mounting bracket and relay, but I didn't use the relay in my Cav. The total draw on these horns is only 10A, and the horn circuit is a 15A circuit from the factory. I've used my multimeter to confirm that the draw is 10A total, not 10A per horn.
Monday, October 08, 2012 11:19 AM
Get a train horn
Monday, October 08, 2012 11:54 AM
I had hella super tones when I had my subaru, maybe a little pricey for what you are looking for but they sound awesome.

Monday, October 08, 2012 12:50 PM
OhForKavy (WhiteKnightro) wrote:I had hella super tones when I had my subaru, maybe a little pricey for what you are looking for but they sound awesome.

I'll second that. They are epic. I have a set of them as well on my VT.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search