right wiring harness for rewiring a hardwired headunit - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
right wiring harness for rewiring a hardwired headunit
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:45 AM
I got a 2000 Z24 that wont start and it has a hardwired pioneer headunit. I want to rewire it with the right wiring harness to see if the guy wired it wrong. I can't find the factory radio reverse male wiring harness anywhere that will fit my Cavalier. I read somewhere on here that the wiring harness that fit a Geo Tracker will work for a Cavalier. Is this correct? Here is the link to the only male wiring harness I could find that fits some GM 2000. Will it fit my Cavi even though it says it wont. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Factory-Radio-OEM-Reverse-Male-Wire-Wiring-Harness-14-/330507997557#vi-content

And if that harness will work, will this one work for the female end.
http://www.amazon.com/Metra-70-2003-Radio-Wiring-Harness/dp/B0002BEQAM/ref=au_pf_pfg_s?ie=UTF8&Make=Chevrolet%7C47&Model=Cavalier%7C434&Year=2000%7C2000&carId=001&n=1077068&newCar=1&s= car&vehicleType=automotive

If these wont work can someone please send me links for the right wiring harnesses. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Re: right wiring harness for rewiring a hardwired headunit
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 10:04 AM
You could find an 00+ J body at a junk yard and snip the connector off with a good length pigtail and then properly splice that in. then you would simply need the Metra adapter.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 12:11 PM
I phoned the closest junk yard which is a hour away and they want $15 for the stock harness. I would rather by $7 on the internet and not have to drive a hour to get. So those wire harnesses on ebay and amazon wont work? Thanks for the reply.
Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:06 PM
Those aftermarket ones are color coded in the generic aftermarket colors, so you would have to look up the right color layout to match, then end up with the same thing but not factory quality. Just my personal preference. It will work, but wouldn't be my ideal solution. You don't have any u-pull-it yards you can go to with a couple tools and chop it out yourself?

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search