bcm bypass - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
bcm bypass
Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:35 AM
I've herd this is possible and we are building a dirt track car so the less electrical things I have the easier it'll be to solve a problem. Can anyone tell what wires and be joined together off the bcm in order to get rid of the whole module. I'm in school all day and don't have the time at the moment to use the search button. Thanks

Re: bcm bypass
Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:56 AM
What model, year, make, and trim level is the car?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:05 AM
Sorry forgot that part. 2001 2.2 base model
Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:26 AM
bcm should't be a concern really unless under the passenger seat becomes destroyed, at which point i DONT think the car will be running anymore. just leave it be and find a different 1/3 lb to shed weight on.

car audio noob since 1984.
Wednesday, October 31, 2012 7:02 AM
We aren't worried about the weight we just wanna get rid of as much electrical stuff as possible. Lol
Wednesday, February 06, 2013 5:18 PM
"deleting" electrical item to help save solve problems normally contributed to more problems. If you dont want gauges, hvac , or power things the engine should run w.o it however.
Friday, February 22, 2013 4:59 PM
You would have to come up with a way to tell the PCM to fire the injectors... the BCM sends the fuel password to the PCM in order to run the car. Without a BCM... won't work. If you were running a standalone engine management system, might be worth it. Otherwise... good luck. For as simple as the Passlock system GM put in these cars, it's kinda difficult to get rid of entirely.

Not to be confused with the SDM (the airbag module and 'black box') under the passenger seat.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search