AEM UEGO Causes Whine Noise Through Amps - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AEM UEGO Causes Whine Noise Through Amps
Monday, November 19, 2012 11:42 AM
After taking my AEM gauge out to redo the pod the whine noise went away so I know that is the cause of it. I had it wired in with the remote wire for the battery isolator and the sub amp (highs amp remote is from radio) so I thought maybe that was the problem. Rewired it so both amps and isolator are wired to the radio and all my gauges are started off the cruise control fuse. In ACC there is no noise (since the gauges are not on) and when in prestart/run it's back (gauges on). Why does the AEM gauge cause the interference to cause the whine?

Re: AEM UEGO Causes Whine Noise Through Amps
Monday, November 19, 2012 3:50 PM
You need better RCAs and to get the wires as far away from each as possible; if that in fact IS the issue.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, November 19, 2012 4:04 PM
I have stinger RCAs on the opposite side as the power wires that is not the problem...there is NO noise when the AEM gauge is not powered on...i searched on google and other people have had this problem with this gauge. The problem is the gauge, nothing else

Monday, November 19, 2012 4:05 PM
Gonna try different grounding points tommorow...see if that does anything

Saturday, November 24, 2012 4:23 PM
Problem solved by this http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5270_PAC-CSS-100.html I didn't change my grounds or anything just wired it in and the whine is completely gone.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search