Cruise Control - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cruise Control
Thursday, April 04, 2013 8:06 PM
Alright so have all the wiring diagrams and found out a few of the diagrams I found show everything i need so going off the hanes book and a diagram of a pin-out i found.

One question though, well two.

First, instead of having two break switches since my car didn't come with CC can i just get tap into the original break switch and not have another one?

Second, I found all the wires on the PCM with pin-outs. Question is I have spent a few days trying to figure out where they go and cant find it anywhere. And cant find the pin-outs of the BCM anywhere either. If someone has the pin-outs so I can connect them there instead of running wire to the connectors at the PCM I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Brian

Re: Cruise Control
Saturday, April 06, 2013 7:00 AM
Really no one? I have everything hooked up besides the power and ground hooked up. Just wondering if i can hook it up to the original break switch since the wires are there.
Re: Cruise Control
Saturday, April 06, 2013 1:41 PM
I've installed factory cruise on a few J's that didn't have it from the factory.. it's not too hard. The factory set up uses two switches to isolate the outputs from the cruise switch and brake lights from each other. You can double it up.. but if you have to troubleshoot issues later on, it's a bit more difficult.

The wires to the PCM end at the C100 connector in the engine bay. The factory harness on the dash side doesn't pass the wires through. You need to tap them before the C100 connector (under the air box) or pull the pins out of a plug at a wrecking yard (which is what I do).
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search