Shaved door popper - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Shaved door popper
Monday, April 08, 2013 2:46 PM
Maybe someone could help me out. My driver side popper just quit working when I press my keypad. I have an emergency button under the car,that when I press the door popper works,but when I press my keypad it does nothing but I can hear a click inside the module under the dash. It's like it's not sending a signal to the popper. Anyone have an idea what it could be before I fork out $200 for a new kit. Thanks

Re: Shaved door popper
Tuesday, April 09, 2013 9:33 AM
Anyone can help?? Trying to get this fixed so the car can finally go to the body shop

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 11:14 AM
Why haven't you started tracing wires and testing continuity? If the module clicks but the Popper doesn't work, there could simply be a broken wire going to the Popper.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 11:43 AM
I traced the wires back to the module and didn't see nothing loose but i didn't test any of the wires yet, I'll have to get a tester and try that..

Thursday, April 11, 2013 2:07 PM
I acually just replaced my alarm module because I had the same problem. I have the compustar cm3000. When the signal to my popper stopped working so did my remote start. My relays and everything else where good and I tested the alarm and it was infanct not sending the ground pulse. The relay in the modual clicked when it was pressed as well. I just figured from the repeted use of the aux function I burnt out something in the modual because I could still arm the alarm and pop the truck and some other functions. I also use the car as a daily driver so it gets alot of use. I called a few retailers untill I found a replacement modual for 75$ + tax (I'm in Canada). It was plug and play I just had to set the tach sensor and link up the remote.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search