Fader - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fader
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 11:27 AM
Recently stumbled across this forum and decided to register. I've got a 2000 Pontiac Sunfire SE.
Several months ago I purchased an aftermarket head unit (Pyle PLDNV78I) and installed it. This weekend I finished installing aftermarket speakers (JBL GT6-69) in the rear deck. I have stock front door speakers which sound fine up until a certain sound level, but I want to turn it up past that volume to hear my rear speakers. Unfortunately, my head unit does not have any fader settings and I can't adjust it so the rear speakers provide more sound than the front speakers.

I was pretty shocked and dissatisfied that my head unit didn't come with an adjuster built into the settings, as I thought most aftermarket head units did.

Is there any external faders I can hook up to my head unit? Or another way to adjust the sound levels?

Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciated.
(I apologize if there's a thread that covers this already, did a brief search and didn't find any)

Re: Fader
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 12:26 PM
Do you have the manual? If not, you can download it HERE. Download the second one in the list.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 1:47 PM
I've got the manual. In the audio settings I don't know which of those 3 adjusts what. It has treble, senor, bass, and then 3 frequency settings.

Decreasing them all seemed to make it better, though I'm unsure of what it is exactly I'm adjusting.
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 4:30 PM
There has to be balance and fade in there somewhere, any more advanced menus anywhere?

Have a nice day.
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 4:34 PM
Unfortunately the image I posted is as advanced as the audio settings menu gets
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 4:42 PM
Call them up and ask them directly.

1-888-318-PYLE
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 6:56 PM
I'll give that a shot tomorrow.

Thanks.
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 2:16 PM
Well I called and that turned out to be pretty useless. First guy I talked to didn't have much to say other than "the fader settings should be under the audio settings. I'll send you over to (another rep) who knows more about this unit so he can walk you through it." I didn't need to be walked through anything...I know how to access the menus and what not I'm pretty savvy when it comes to things like that.

The next guy was the same way, insisting that there were settings inside the audio menu and that my unit was pretty advanced when it came to these settings. I told him 3 or 4 times that there were no such options and he decided to try to send me over to someone who should have the unit in front of him so he could have a look.

They never answered the phone, I left a voicemail and that was that.

Pretty shocked that a $700 unit doesn't include these types of options, yet I can go into the extras in the GPS and figure out what US bra cup sizes convert to in the UK.
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 6:08 PM
I hate to be that guy..but Pyle isn't called pyle because of it's name. They usually make a pile of..... Anyway 700 Bills, and it doesnt have a simple fader. Id return it for something better. Hell my 70 walmart deck has a fader.
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 6:21 PM
Yeah I realized not longer after purchasing it that it wasn't all that good, luckily I bought it on sale for $220 (I wasn't really looking to buy a radio when I bought it to be honest, it was cyber Monday and I stumbled across it on Amazon).
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 6:29 PM
Hm no way to edit posts? (New to this forum) Checked Amazon and Pyle's site and it's still on sale...how shocking. Taken straight from the details section on their site, "Treble/Bass/Balance/Fader/Volume Control"

How about that...

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 6:52 PM
Rack wrote:Hm no way to edit posts? (New to this forum) Checked Amazon and Pyle's site and it's still on sale...how shocking. Taken straight from the details section on their site, "Treble/Bass/Balance/Fader/Volume Control"

How about that...

At least you have grounds to return it now. Have you looked for firmware updates?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:09 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:
Rack wrote:Hm no way to edit posts? (New to this forum) Checked Amazon and Pyle's site and it's still on sale...how shocking. Taken straight from the details section on their site, "Treble/Bass/Balance/Fader/Volume Control"

How about that...

At least you have grounds to return it now. Have you looked for firmware updates?

I searched with no luck, unless I was looking in the wrong places. Nothing on their site either as far as I saw. Not sure it would be worth it considering this unit has GPS, navigation, bluetooth, iPod connectivity (has an ipod cable that hooks up to the back, I leave my old classic iPod hooked up 24/7 and I can use the head unit to browse, though it is pretty wonky), DVD player, 4 Channel RCA Preamp Output/Subwoofer Output, SD card reader, mini USB port (came with USB adapater). Motorized as well, I drive with the display tilted at ~45 degrees for ease of use.

Any other head units out there that provide all those for that price?
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:15 PM
Also:

"Return Window expired on January 31, 2013.

If you return this item, you will receive a partial refund according to our Returns Policy. Shipping fees will not be refunded, and you will need to pay for return shipping."

Doesn't seem worth it. Ah well...guess my best option is to probably upgrade my front speakers too.
Friday, April 19, 2013 9:29 AM
Well turns out those little blue arrows at the bottom of the screen in the corners lead to this:

I tired clicking them before and they didn't do anything but I tried it again a little while ago and voila!
Friday, April 19, 2013 6:20 PM
glad you figured it out. Shame on Tech support for not being on top of that.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search