Speaker Size Info(CLICK BEFORE YOU POST) - Page 3 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Speaker Size Info(CLICK BEFORE YOU POST)
Friday, February 03, 2006 10:57 AM
is there any way i can fix the pictures? the website i hosted them on seems to have shut down and i want my sticky up to par again. maybe a mod could help me out with this? i wont change the content of the post, just the links

EDIT REQUEST!

Thursday, February 16, 2006 7:30 AM
I cant see any of the pics they wont load. So how do you fit 6.5 round speakers up front?
Thursday, February 16, 2006 10:57 PM
ok first i want to warn anyone thinking of them...DO NOT get the angled metra 5 1/4 conversion for your 03 up cavy doors! they wont even fit without speakers. they bow the door panel out horribly...Also, if you use Alpine 6 1/2"s, MAKE SURE u use 1/8" ABS or 1/4" wood cause now I cant angle my friggin tweeters because of the 3/4" wood (Guess what I'm doing next week). THERE ARE NO FRONT COMPONENT DOOR BRACKETS FOR A CAVALIER! I believe the statement was intended to help you get the mids in and allow you to choose your own location for your tweeters...which is a good idea anyway. Just make sure you spray the adapter black if you use wood so it wont be seen!

I'm with stupid!>>>>>>Of coarse, sometimes I feel like turining those arrows the other way and saying I'm stupid!
Sunday, March 19, 2006 9:19 AM
The pictures on the first page no longer work. Can whoever has them please upload them to some free service like imageshack.us so I can see them?
Wednesday, August 30, 2006 11:55 AM
Monday, October 09, 2006 9:56 PM
you might find this funny...
went from those wussy little speakers...

and put these in instead
http://pic.piczo.com/img/i213444841_39903.jpg
ha, much better
Monday, October 09, 2006 9:58 PM
oops these

Monday, October 23, 2006 12:35 PM
^ That defeats the purpose of mounting larger drivers, you're cancelling out the midbass through that gap.

I used a single solid piece of 3/4" MDF sized to cover the OEM hole and a good deal of the inner door sheetmetal around said hole, cut a hole for my 5" vifas in the wood, used some non-hardening clay from Dick Blick to isolate the MDF from the door skin and 1/4" nuts/bolts/washers to hold the assembly together.

I have a couple other issues I need to resolve before I can let it really rip.

-----
Subwoofer Tools
Sunday, July 15, 2007 7:15 PM
OK I give up. I've searched 3rd gen., interior, maintenance, and now here...

What are rear speaker sizes for a 2000 convertible?
Monday, September 03, 2007 2:42 PM
6x9

Tuesday, April 08, 2008 12:08 PM
I don't remember the exact size, but I used MB Quart Discus series 5.25" component set in my sunfire, the tweeter fits perfectly in the tweeter pod, I had to epoxy it in there, could later cause an issue if you have to remove the tweeter, but with MB quality I was not worried..... hope this helps atleast someone out.

Sunday, May 18, 2008 8:19 AM
Also consider, zapco or eclipse

Hi everybody i'm new to this site and i reside in Ontario, Canada. I found out about this site at Performance Improvements, located in Guelph Ontario, great guys.

does any have any suggestions regarding above average speaker placements for cavalier convertibles?
Thursday, June 26, 2008 10:17 PM
1st gen have 4x6 in the rear deck :-( you can fit tiny 6x9s underneath with the mounting clips, but bigass pioneers with grilles just dont work either way :-( sad to find this out

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 7:29 PM
"oh i forgot if you have manual windows you need to remove the window winder. work a clean rag between the winder and the panel and "saw" until the little U-shaped pin comes out. the the winder comes right off"

Special thanks to THEREAL2005Z24 for this tidbit. It works perfectly, and saves you from having to buy the tool. Only thing is, watch where those U-Clips go. They can fly if they get caught on the rag/door.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009 10:55 PM
Tried a few 6x9 from Sony and Pioneers from Best Buy. The diameter of magnets are too big; it hits the trunk tension bar. Anybody know of any shallow 6x9's that are fairly sensitive in terms of db? I'm only running off 17watt by 4 RMS Sony H/U and don't plan to amp. Crutchfield says I should go to 6.5", but then whatever bottom end I had goes out the window. I have been trying to use OEM speaker brackets, but then rear deck doesn't sit flush. I'd prefer not to cut to show speaker covers due to theft potential in my neighborhood. Feeling frustrated Any help/advice/etc. appreciated...
Thursday, July 08, 2010 1:40 PM
How hard is it to find an image hosting site that does not throw away your pictures after a year?
So many threads, including write-ups here have expired photos. This takes away a lot of the intended message and presentation.
I demand justice.
Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:37 PM
Hassoun wrote:How hard is it to find an image hosting site that does not throw away your pictures after a year?
So many threads, including write-ups here have expired photos. This takes away a lot of the intended message and presentation.
I demand justice.

photobucket photobucket photobucket

John Lenko wrote: It is bad. Stop. Now. Bad. Bad bad. Bad bad bad.

...j

Friday, May 31, 2013 4:41 PM
Use the Wayback Machine on archive.org.

Here's a link to this thread... with all the pictures you should need: http://web.archive.org/web/20050208190319/http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=4&i=92061&t=92061
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search