Confused on rear speaker wiring. - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Confused on rear speaker wiring.
Monday, July 29, 2013 7:12 PM
I am going to install a set of Kicker 6x9s tomorrow and have been researching the install process.

I have a 2005 model with the base radio. If my searching is correct, I don't believe there is a stock amp in place. I have replaced the stock stereo with an aftermarket head unit.

What kind of wiring am I going to be looking at when I get the rear deck off? I've seen so many post about there being 4 wires with the amped stock system but not anything about the base system.

Sorry if the information is somewhere on the forums, I just can't seem to locate it.

Re: Confused on rear speaker wiring.
Monday, July 29, 2013 7:30 PM
Basic two wire set up. Nothing to worry about.
Monday, July 29, 2013 7:34 PM
You should be able to plug them right on, (You can add a amp for better output inline later) Worst case scenario you gotta replace the connectors on the ends of the wires to the speaker.

Monday, July 29, 2013 9:12 PM
Thanks for the info, guys!
Tuesday, July 30, 2013 11:04 AM
Get back to us and tell us how it goes.

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 6:13 PM
from what i have read there is 4 wires on each speaker; 2 on the tweeter and 2 on the woofer but the woofer wires are full pass so you can use just the 2 woofer wires to go directly to the new 6x9 speakers. havent tried it yet with my 01 but am planning on it soon.
Sunday, September 29, 2013 10:19 AM
If there are four wires to each speaker, then you have the factory amplified setup with an amp on the driver's side of the trunk (behind the carpet).

If you're not using the stock deck or speakers... remove the amp too. It's a POS.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search