How to: 2000-2005 Cavalier Radio Install - Page 2 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: How to: 2000-2005 Cavalier Radio Install
Monday, January 27, 2014 5:12 PM
double check harness wiring, was your deck and speakers working before or are you replacing the deck because something didn't work? double check settings on stereo? maybe its set for pre outs only? If you have a spare speaker, use it to test each speaker output on the deck? Another thing I just thought of, not sure how the Monsoon factory amp(if you have one) works? If your car has it, maybe you have to bypass it or something? Not really sure....

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires
2005 Mazda 3 GS Auto- Wifes car
2006 Cobalt SS/SC - Intake, 2.5" Exhaust, GMPP Brakes, Solid Mounts, Ported S/C - Sold
1991 GMC Sierra - Lifted on 38.5" Swampers, Too much to list off. For Sale

Monday, January 27, 2014 6:32 PM
Pioneer deck is in and booming good sound out my Alpine Speakers.Yes, I wired the blue and white wire from the stereo harness to my pink wire that goes to my Monsoon Amp. Thank you all for the support!

Saturday, March 15, 2014 9:58 AM
Hey i have a 2006 cobalt and i have been having all the same troubles. i followed everything you said to do and deck powered up but no sound and all my gauges died. i dont know what to do at all. i dont think i have a factory amp in my car that i have to bypass. i even tried running a power cord from the deck to the battery with a inline fuse. getting really frustrated. started this project a week and a half ago. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP
Sunday, March 16, 2014 9:18 AM
Have you tried looking on cobaltss.net? Should be a ton more info there cobalt related. I assume the 00-05 cavalier and cobalts are similar but still might be able to find more help there. They have a huge how to section and way more traffic then JBO.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires
2005 Mazda 3 GS Auto- Wifes car
2006 Cobalt SS/SC - Intake, 2.5" Exhaust, GMPP Brakes, Solid Mounts, Ported S/C - Sold
1991 GMC Sierra - Lifted on 38.5" Swampers, Too much to list off. For Sale
Sunday, November 13, 2016 12:36 AM
I am trying to read this and I cant get over the fact that you actually wrote:

NOTE: The red wire and orange will NOT be needed.
Make sure you connect the red wire from the headunit to the separate red wire that came with the adapter, NOT the adapter.

Can you see how you completely contradicted yourself? And do you see how that might be confusing to someone who is reading this and trying to understand why it is so difficult to hook up a car stereo.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search