05 Cavalier high beam issues. - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
05 Cavalier high beam issues.
Friday, March 14, 2014 5:54 PM
So I have this 05 Cavalier that I've had for a while and it's really never given me problems until recently. I was checking my bulbs to make sure I would pass inspection in my state and I found out that my high beam doesn't work on the right side (passenger). I swapped the bulb thinking it was simply a burnt filament, but it turned out that the bulb wasn't the issue. I checked to make sure the new bulb wasn't defective by checking with another bulb and the same thing happened. So right now, I don't have a high beam on my right side, and I can't figure out what it is. I checked the fuses for the headlights and they weren't blown. I pulled out the DRL relay, and nothing happened other than the car not being able to turn on the DRL's when I put it into gear. An interesting note in this issue is that when the lights are off, both DRL's work.

Anyways, what else should I check or what should I do to get the high beam to work again?

All help is appreciated!

Re: 05 Cavalier high beam issues.
Friday, March 14, 2014 7:30 PM
Have you tried checking it with a light tester? Also in case you don't know, on our head lights, there is one main power(I believe it's constant) and then the low beam and high beam wires are grounds. If you get power there, maybe a connector is bad/not making contact. I know I've had problems with my rear tail light sockets.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires
2005 Mazda 3 GS Auto- Wifes car
2006 Cobalt SS/SC - Intake, 2.5" Exhaust, GMPP Brakes, Solid Mounts, Ported S/C - Sold
1991 GMC Sierra - Lifted on 38.5" Swampers, Too much to list off. For Sale
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search